Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

This stinks of Emery being impressed with him when he played us 2 weeks ago. Got great defensive stats as well as well as the attacking ones. Out the blue and v underwhelmed , but if Unai wants then he should get him as he is great at finding the right profile player and then making him better. We needed a right footed left sided attacker so much as we only have JJ . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This stinks of Emery being impressed with him when he played us 2 weeks ago. Got great defensive stats as well as well as the attacking ones. Out the blue and v underwhelmed , but if Unai wants then he should get him as he is great at finding the right profile player and then making him better. We needed a right footed left sided attacker so much as we only have JJ . 

Are we talking about the same ultra-focused, detail obsessed Unai Emery? There is not a chance on earth he'd sign a player on a whim imo.

• Like 3

if true, would be interested to know how Rogers came on our radar.

Im sure we would have scouted him etc, but Rogers did play 90mins versus us when we beat them 1-0, i wonder if Emery liked what he saw and said...."i want him".

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Awaiting for JPB to be mentioned by someone. Rogers isn't injured every month is all I'll say. 

Philogene wanted to leave tbf.

Emery wanted to keep him, but Philogene wanted to leave for first time football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt he linked with us as a makeweight when Grealish signed for City

He was, yes. 

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Are we talking about the same ultra-focused, detail obsessed Unai Emery? There is not a chance on earth he'd sign a player on a whim imo.

Maybe he asked Monchi to dig deeper after watching him against us .

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if true, would be interested to know how Rogers came on our radar.

Im sure we would have scouted him etc, but Rogers did play 90mins versus us when we beat them 1-0, i wonder if Emery liked what he saw and said...."i want him".

Ex WBA yoof. We'd know all about him. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm am 100000% sure you are completely wrong 

So you don't think that Emery spends NSWE cash after seeing a lower league player , play one time against us in a Cup, is what you're saying?

🫢

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Local lad with bags of talent. If we can get him for £10m then it looks like a good deal for us. Maybe we will send them Tim on loan for the rest of the season as part of the deal. I’m excited by this. He could become a top player under the Sultan.

22 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Boro fans seem gutted by the news.

Comments I’ve seen seem more confused. They think he’s got far more scope for development there (playing regularly) than here where he might be out of his depth. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just popped on a Boro forum  . V good potential but not ready for the Prem yet .blows v hot and then v cold. Apparently.

This was the description of Leverkusen and Bundesliga fans about Leon Bailey when we signed him in fairness.

• Like 1

I suppose we’re also thinking about the home grown quota. Most affordable way to buy an English player is to buy them young. Once they’ve made it at PL level you pay a premium. 

Apparently Man City have a sell on clause.

Really looks nothing special at all. If this is the player we are targeting we may as well have just kept Philogene who looks far better and was actually our Academy player.

Â