Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Thats a good post mallett, and exactly how i thought at the time. Emery acted, that is a good coach, and kind of nullified the danger to be fair, o i think Warburton was spot on.

Not sure he is a wide player

I thought he both played pretty well and subbing him was the right call.  Almost got a beautiful goal as well; good save by their keeper.

• Like 3

Getting subbed on then subbed off is the worst thing for a footballer but we got the result and I'm sure Emery will put his arm around him and improve him

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought he both played pretty well and subbing him was the right call.  Almost got a beautiful goal as well; good save by their keeper.

And me, his race was run come the end 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Getting subbed on then subbed off is the worst thing for a footballer but we got the result and I'm sure Emery will put his arm around him and improve him

With no context yes it is, but when it meant he got maybe 20 mins more than he should have done then no doubt he still enjoyed it and it was good management, maybe all round if it lights a fire under diaby too

• Like 1

He's a project - that's why he didn't cost that much money. Saw plenty of good things yesterday but Luton are essentially Championship level, so it's not really anything new for him. He also committed one of the most cynical yet hilarious challenges I've seen in a while and somehow didn't get booked for it 😅

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's a project - that's why he didn't cost that much money. Saw plenty of good things yesterday but Luton are essentially Championship level, so it's not really anything new for him. He also committed one of the most cynical yet hilarious challenges I've seen in a while and somehow didn't get booked for it 😅

Exactly this. He has some really good strings to his bow. Had a good footballing education and this is what caught Unai and the scouts eye. Now its to see if he can be coached into something really good and dangerous. Defo has the physical characteristics to be a massive threat to opponents. Just needs to understand the playbook inside out now and hope that he can physically mature with no niggling injuries. 

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think this is asterisk'ed when you're a first half sub due to injury. This wasn't "on at 60 off at 73" situation.

• Like 1

Was very impressed with his power and pace - almost splitting packs of players to emerge with the ball and quickly take ground forward.

Any defensive and fitness question marks will be well and truly rectified by the new Premier League season.

• Like 2

This is the main difference between the 3 youth we sold and Rodgers. You could see that technically he compares similar to philogene and Archer but physically he's in a different class. The 3 we sold are all years away from physically being able to handle the rigors of PL football week after week.  We need contributors right now and can't wait years. 

Goes without saying this is the same reason why you have to be patient with a player like Duran. That package of talent and athleticism doesn't come around often. 

• Like 1

I thought he was very good. Got tired as the intensity of the Premier League is something else now. 

Tactics and positioning will come in the next 18 months or so. That depends on how quickly he can absorb Don Unai.

Needs to work on ball retention. But I'm not worried. He was always a work in progress, and good for him to get minutes.

Â