Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Just now, duke313 said:

Emery must really see something in him that is being overlooked by others, otherwise it makes no sense to be pushing for the transfer this much.  

Without doubt!  

Emery and Monchi, with all their scouts, vast knowledge of the European scene, have come together and identified Rogers.  

They are the least likely to be lazy and look at the Championship, it would be easy for them to get some young Spanish talent, yet they have identified Rogers.  

I agree, they see something the rest don’t and given their track record, I’m on board!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Pete, the great journalist, telling us about the big sell on clause to City that we knew about last week and reported in a number of places.

And apparently only now entering their thoughts. What a waste of space they are.

• Like 2

The difference is this guy will just go on the bench and up to him to make the most of his chances when he gets them.

It's a bit like Brentford signing Lewis-Potter 18 months ago from Hull. He's been in and out of their team given how good Toney and Mbeumo are for them. Perhaps he'll step up more next season.

We obviously feel he can fit into our system over period of time but in short term it's up to someone like Zaniolo to really prove himself.

Makes no sense to sign Rogers and then start picking him ahead of Zaniolo otherwisw we should just terminate his loan.

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

So Harrison will know all about his character and potential, but yeah let’s be downbeat on his potential signing based on personal opinion and not data and inside knowledge … VT baffles me more and more 

VT is just a platform for a broad church of opinions....and a scattering of facts.

you just have to choose, the ones that suit you.

Making predictions, is just a bit of fun, and pitting you wits, to forecast what might happen......Its not worth taking too seriously.

I just love it, when my suspicions are cautious, and I am proved wrong. I prefer it to being overly optimistic, and proved wrong....but thats just me, we are all different.

PS Morgan Rogers is still a gamble, so it follows by definition, some folk, may not be sold on it.

PPS me, I don't know....I will just wait and see.....If we sign him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

My July 30, 2021 Morgan Rogers comment

Morgan Rogers is a good player and someone I wondered if we might go for because of his connection to the Albion academy but I wouldn't expect him to be part of any deal for Grealish, and not sure he's a £10m player, at first team level he's had one decent season in League One; a couple of weeks ago he was being linked to Palace for £6m that seems like a fairer valuation to me.

useless

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Maybe Unai needs to contact another team and ask them to put a bid in, That way monchi might get a move on .

Aluko football 101

Even though she was ridiculed at the time, it turned out to be true. 

Â