Welcome to Aston / Villa Till I Die

sidcow

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

And hardcore fans of those teams didn't watch it? I highly doubt that.

Doesn't mean they are the target audience

6 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

True. It also doesn't mean they are not. We are all one fanbase.

You got the name. Aston Villa. We are all one. 

I’ve only watched the Sunderland one because I knew it was a car crash. Not particularly fussed about watching the behinds the scenes footage of a successful club.

There is much to be said for failure. It is much more interesting than success - to quote Max Beerbohm.

I would likely watch a Villa one. But only if it’s on a streaming service I already have. Wouldn’t sign up to watch it.

Am sympathetic to @Spoony in that I don’t think there would be much interest outside of the Villa fan base. By all means try and sell the product, but I’m not sure it will take. Argentinians will have a certain fervour for Martinez but after that I’m not sure of the wider appeal of the other players - as much as I like them (and I really do).

And am sympathetic to the wider point of it all being a bit soapy. Although I think football has really always been a soap drama to an extent, it’s just notably packaged and sold that way now. T’is the way of the world now.

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

Viewing this as objectively as possible, I don’t think most fans give a toss about Villa. We are akin to West Ham/Everton/Crystal Palace in the ‘making up the numbers’ party. Our ownership doesn’t generate interest like Wrexham or Newcastle. We haven’t done anything outstanding on the field (yet). If we can hold onto top 4 I think it’s possible people take more of an interest. I think it’d take top 3 for there to be a significant response. 

I think we would need to win the league for anyone other than a Villa fan to remotely give a toss. And that isn't happening. 

We just aren't an interesting club or a big name to anyone outside of the UK and even in the UK, nobody under 50 sees as as a big club.

I am constantly travelling the world and constantly having to tell people who Aston Villa are. Many have never heard of us. The only thing people care about is the sky 6. 

Sad but true.

This Heck guy couldn't be more gung ho USA, yeeeeeha if he tried. 

I don't expect him to be here long.

I’ve watched a few of these types of shows. It’s either entertaining because they succeed (Burnley) or really fail (Sunderland). I think anything in the middle might garner no attention. 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Seems a bit desperate to be filming it ourselves and hoping someone will pick it up 

People said that about my only fans project and look 👀 how that panned out 

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I think we would need to win the league for anyone other than a Villa fan to remotely give a toss. And that isn't happening. 

We just aren't an interesting club or a big name to anyone outside of the UK and even in the UK, nobody under 50 sees as as a big club.

I am constantly travelling the world and constantly having to tell people who Aston Villa are. Many have never heard of us. The only thing people care about is the sky 6. 

Sad but true.

This Heck guy couldn't be more gung ho USA, yeeeeeha if he tried. 

I don't expect him to be here long.

Not so sure about that. Whenever you read the comments on Villa related topics on social media, Twitter,Instagram etc most of them are from Africa and Asia.

Â