Welcome to Aston / Villa Till I Die

sidcow

McGinn and Cash are two very popular players. Mings' and Emi's recovery.  So much good content for everyone. People are viewing this potential project as a season review 2002/2003 - presented by Jack Woodward featuring interviews from Steve Stride &  Doug Ellis 🤣

I feel like this could have the potential to be something special if it's entwined with the history of the club and the 150th anniversary. We have something no other club has, being the league founders and the first super club and all that malarkey. If they could wrap that stuff up with a "return to success" theme it could be pretty amazing and might appeal to a large audience.

However if it's just another standard netflix season recap thing then it might not really get anywhere.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah, we should aspire to get to the level of Sunderland or Leeds before we get our own show.

I’m not talking about it being an aspiration. Frankly I wouldn’t want a Villa documentary as I think it’s everything wrong with football - I.e. it’s all becoming a soap opera.  

being interesting isn’t the same as being something aspirational. I just don’t think there’s anything objectively interesting happening at Villa. Why would  Sunderland or Leeds fan tune into a documentary about Villa?

also to clarify I’m not trying to shit on Villa here, I’m just thinking from the perspective of other fans. We all know fans of all different clubs - how many do you know that care about Villa?

Edited by Spoony

20 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

McGinn and Cash are two very popular players. Mings' and Emi's recovery.  So much good content for everyone. People are viewing this potential project as a season review 2002/2003 - presented by Jack Woodward featuring interviews from Steve Stride &  Doug Ellis 🤣

image.png.f3c0579de9b24d54b95925105c1088ee.png

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Spoony said:

In what way?

In the way - it is just the sort of "meh" - it won't be successful, lets not even try. There are lots of exciting and cool ideas the club could produce for a documentary - that are a "first" - as evidenced on this thread. We have a team full of internationals players, we have risen from mid table in the championship to top 4/title contenders. So many ideas.

Edited by Villa_Vids

I’m sure people don’t want it to be cringe but it’s a good way of getting Villa introduced globally.

Sad reality of generating more revenue in today’s game. 

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

You never know - you see what media did for Wrexham and the like. Anecdotally, your typical non-footy American will have a better chance knowing who Wrexham are compared to Villa. 

Another thing we were behind in when streaming came out. 

But that has always been the problem with the Villa to get coverage outside of our midland heartlands. We aren't yet one of the modern day big boys winning stuff, nor are we a plucky little upstarts with an array of wacky characters. We are just sort of there in the middle, and we sometimes have good seasons, and sometimes (well quite a lot in recent years) bad seasons.

Edited by The Fun Factory

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

But that has always been the problem with the Villa to get coverage outside of our midland heartlands. We aren't yet one of the modern day big boys winning stuff, nor are we a plucky little upstarts with an array of wacky characters. We are just sort of there in the middle, and we sometimes have good seasons, and sometimes (well quite a lot in recent years) bad seasons.

Yeah and I think that has been Heck’s remit and while it may leave a lot of people miffed, I don’t entirely disagree with Heck and NWSE. We want to compete with the big boys, it’s not going to be all a romantic story. 

Going to sometimes involve the media exposure things like a potentially cringe documentary. 

I have no interest in a documentary but I dont think its something aimed at people that post on here or go to games

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I have no interest in a documentary but I dont think its something aimed at people that post on here or go to gamea

Villa fans will consume all content. 

The key will be when international fans understand Steve Bruce and the cabbage. 

Would pay whatever dumb fee they want for Whelan doing a Beckham-esque face to the camera narration of intentionally missing the penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Why? Of course it is aimed at Villa fans.

Its really not. Its aimed at the international market for getting casual fans from abroad to start following us

Its no different to the All or Nothing series and what they were for

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its really not. Its aimed at the international market for getting casual fans from abroad to start following us

Its no different to the All or Nothing series and what they were for

And hardcore fans of those teams didn't watch it? I highly doubt that.

Â