Welcome to Aston / Villa Till I Die

sidcow

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Or they're optimistically gambling that this year will be a good one... 

exactly what newcastle did. started filming half way through the season. if they didn't qualify for the CL that footage probably never would've seen the light of day

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Not so sure about that. Whenever you read the comments on Villa related topics on social media, Twitter,Instagram etc most of them are from Africa and Asia.

I am absolutely certain of it. 

I've said before with these poxy Amazon docs about clubs like Leeds etc that are completely boring that from a neutral point of view we are the most interesting story in the last 5-6 years bar none.

Legendary historic club, run into ground due to inept ownership and management. Culminates in relegation. Bought out by Dr Fraud, new hope, spend a bomb but can't get out of the championship. Lost playoff final. Dr Fraud exposed. Club almost goes to the wall.

Then new billionaire owners come in, club back from the brink, partnership of home grown captain and manager inspire league destroying form and get into playoff, win playoff to be back where belong

First season play well but don't pick up many results. Looking grim before lockdown. Hawkeye-gate. Form much improved after resume league, end up surviving on last day. 

Next season start on fire, culminates in destroying champions 7-2. Finish 11th with most points for years.

Next season lose key player and replacements not firing. Hometown manager is let go, replaced by Scouse nugget. Uptick in form means survival relatively comfortable.

Next season start dreadful, Scouse arsehole alienates most of squad and things look bleak. Again ownership comes through and appoints legendary football genius manager, who produces top-2 level results to finish 7th and qualify for Europe. New stand announced

European campaign, battling for league title. Win as all the pundits call a 'minor treble' of league, FA cup and conference league 😁

• Like 2

On 14/01/2024 at 22:28, thabucks said:

Can see it being pitched more towards the international market so I’m sure with Heck & Edens and now Comcast connections someone will pick it up … Prince William and George being fans poss along with Tom Hanks will attract attention from a US Network I’m sure. Also wouldn’t discount the Martinez influence in Argentina.

Maybe the uk market will be harder sell and will perhaps be direct to viewer purchase. As Heck said he is looking beyond the UK For growth and what better way than this. 

I think our best bet is to target growth in fans beyond the UK the UK is to heavily influenced by the media a team like Villa isn’t supposed to be popular or competitive by their standards. I think fans outside the UK won’t be as heavily influenced in to who to like.

• Like 1

I want a feature-length episode on the Great Villa Badge Debate of 2023 to 2024. If that doesn't get the punters tuning in, then nothing will.

It should be round. It should be a crest. Think of the drama.

Edited by The Fun Factory

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Villa have just posted a TikTok suggesting Netflix might be where we'll see it...

Looks like they're pretty much announcing it no?

I would love to see it.

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Looks like they're pretty much announcing it no?

I would love to see it.

It's a **** bizarre tiktok to post if Netflix haven't bought it :D 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a **** bizarre tiktok to post if Netflix haven't bought it :D 

Seriously - that's just short of an announcement unless admin is having a laugh again.

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I want a feature-length episode on the Great Villa Badge Debate of 2023 to 2024. If that doesn't get the punters tuning in, then nothing will.

It should be round. It should be a crest. Think of the drama.

Brace yourselves for the Douglas Luiz & Alisha Lehmann "Newlyweds-style" spin-off

I wonder if having cameras on the players/staff will help make them more productive for the season, hence how well we're doing?

Newcastle had it last season and came 4th, Ronnie O'Sullivan had it when he won his 7th World Snooker title, he even admitted himself that it spurred him on more. Even City had it when they got 100 points I think.

Obviously there are cases like Sunderland getting a double relegation but I think more often than not it's a success story.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think it means it's going to be on netflix though, just meant as a jokey edit

If it's a meant to be a joke, then it comes across as desperate and pathetic, coming from an official club account. 

So I'd assume it's something more than a joke

• Like 2

I don't think it's mean as a joke with typical Villa fans in mind, but with the tiktok audience in mind, it's probably some kind of trend where people post clips of themselve with 'netflix movie' over the top

Â