Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I thought that but then Ollie got a booking for jumping with his arm by his side, winning the header but connecting with Tarkowski, I'd have thought both were of equal fouliness.

As I said earlier, Watkins shouldn't have been booked (he got booked because injury).  Neither are bookings, for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Or Zaniolo for Diaby, they won't out muscle him. 

I think the problem is the midfield. At the moment we are man for man in midfield and Diaby is making it easy on Everton's defence by not dropping enough to boost the numbers. I think Youri will give us the additional number to over run them. We don't need Bailey and Diaby on imo and Bailey gives us the best outlet with Evertons pressing. Our best games have been with the four in midfield. We've got goals   

• Like 1

Villa playing the better football without really creating too much against a typical Dyce side.

Been impressed with Lenglet who has now become accustomed to the Premiership. 

A so, so, half without much quality in the final third from both sides.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It wasn't for me, personally.  Ball was there to be challenged for, he basically gets Martinez around the same time Martinez grabs the ball and studs just exist on football boots.

But then, I'm quite anti-"red card for any studs" challenge, so I accept I view things differently.

I think there are two ways to view every referees decision, what you'd want to see, and what you expect to see in the current premier league. Given some of the other punishments for follow throughs, studs up, etc, I was shocked to see that just given as a foul with no card.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Onana wasn't in control of the ball, dived in and whilst he is entitled to go for it, arguably did so recklessly and a card was warranted.

Exactly. People think we’re still in the 70’s

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

So, how we playing lads? Not seen any of this yet. 

I'd describe it as a decent game - we've controlled the ball, created a little but not loads.  Everton doing well when they press us, but largely we've done well.

Moreno had a goal disallowed for Bailey being offside (was quite clear, but the check took about 3 minutes on various aspects) - great strike from Moreno, so a shame but correct decision.

Overall, we're playing well after a shaky first 10 minutes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

OK, had them on the rack for 10 mins, they look pretty toothless. We should win this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Struggling to tell the difference between which side is in 3rd and which is 17th.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't trust Diego and Lenglet to keep them out. They're ok if they have Konsa with them in the middle. Together they act like a pair of wallies.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Can’t keep saying “we miss X player”. We have a squad of quality players. They have to set it up against the likes of Everton.  

We do, but we're missing Olsen, Digne, Mings, Torres, Chambers, Ramsey, Buendia and Traore and we didn't start out with a big squad. If Tielemans isn't fit, we're short.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We do, but we're missing Olsen, Digne, Mings, Torres, Chambers, Ramsey, Buendia and Traore and we didn't start out with a big squad. If Tielemans isn't fit, we're short.

Genuine LOL from you starting with Olsen.

• Haha 3