When will Man City face justice?

Marka Ragnos

When will Man City face justice?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. When will Manchester City actually face serious consequences due to their club's alleged financial cheating?

• By the end of this current season
    • During the 2024-25 season
    • During the 2025-26 season
    • During the 2026-27 season
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 22:18

The thing is that they have to give them a meaningful punishment, or other owners will do what they like and point to the punishment that City receive. If they then treat other clubs differently, the rich owners will take them to pieces.

If they don't punishment City properly (IF they are guilty LoL) then the game is done.

• Like 2

They'll get punished. But it won't be the kind of punishment they deserve.

When you consider Everton's punishment was for one breach, then Man City should be relegated at the very least.

I just can't see it happening

• Sad 1

Verdict in a year and a half, then an appeal.  They’re gonna get hammered, but by the time they do they won’t be the dominant force they are now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big fine and ~20 point deduction would be my guess. Enough of a deduction to stop them winning the league but not enough that they miss out on the CL places

• Like 1

I have no faith in any of football's governing bodies. They've set a precedent with Everton that they will not follow, and they will provide no explanation or justification for it. There is no justice, only greed.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Big fine and ~20 point deduction would be my guess. Enough of a deduction to stop them winning the league but not enough that they miss out on the CL places

That's where I'm at, it will be as big a punishment that they can possibly give without man city appealing it beyond the start of the 2025/26 season

If Man city don't win the 24/25 title and are 10+ points clear of 5th then the PL are sitting pretty 

Chelsea and Man City, the two biggest frauds in English football.

Both built on financial doping in the 2000s and we are one of the clubs who fell down the pecking order as a result.

And now we suffer from the stupid FFP rules designed to maintain the corrupt cartel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Chelsea and Man City, the two biggest frauds in English football.

Both built on financial doping in the 2000s and we are one of the clubs who fell down the pecking order as a result.

And now we suffer from the stupid FFP rules designed to maintain the corrupt cartel.

The financial doping thing is absolutely spot on. It really is a disgrace. But, as other have said before, our demise was due to far more factors (many of which related to our own shambolic management at that time) rather than any single thing they did. Blaming two clubs that have admittedly cheated their way to the top lets off those ar*eholes who f*cked us over from the inside.  

The fact that we're competing with these clubs at the moment, with the uneven playing field as it is, is just testimony to how well we've done.

They're either going to get a fairly substantial punishment (demotion, PL to work with the EFL to see "where", a decent transfer embargo - maybe 2 or 3 seasons) or the league just gets rid of FFP.

It can't be just a points deduction and, if there was some sort of corruption/collusion thing going on, the league wouldn't even state that they've charged them with 115 charges.  They'd just make it go away as much as possible.

Gut feeling they'll be pretty **** and a precedent set.  Probably won't hurt them long term (see; Juve) but it'll be a definitive marker set by the PL.

It'll happen in 2025, an I doubt it'll be when they are top 4 half way through the season, probably be beginning of the season points deduction, so not yo kill them off.

I doubt Pep will be there then either, he won't wanna tarnish his career with that.

Financial punishments won't work. Points deductions and relegations would be nice, but they'd be effective punishing the lower league clubs whose leagues are then distored by these pricks coming down to their level.

My preference would be that whatever they do they need to strip them of the titles they've won while they've been breaking the rules. All of them. It's largely symbolic because you can't strip them of the memories of it, but I'd just like the official record to reflect that they won nothing at all. 

• Like 1

There's nothing that could hurt them without removing their owners and completely overhauling FFP. Their infrastructure is there, they are now one of the biggest clubs in the world. That's not going to go away even if they spend 4/5 seasons in the lower divisions. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll happen in 2025, an I doubt it'll be when they are top 4 half way through the season, probably be beginning of the season points deduction, so not yo kill them off.

I doubt Pep will be there then either, he won't wanna tarnish his career with that.

His career is already tarnished

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's nothing that could hurt them without removing their owners and completely overhauling FFP. Their infrastructure is there, they are now one of the biggest clubs in the world. That's not going to go away even if they spend 4/5 seasons in the lower divisions. 

Hypothetically, if you relegated them to the third division, there would be no premiership, money or Champions League money and they would have to meet ffp so all of these players on 300 K a week would have to be sold or am I missing something? Yes, they would eventually return to the league, but it could be made very difficult for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Hypothetically, if you relegated them to the third division, there would be no premiership, money or Champions League money and they would have to meet ffp so all of these players on 300 K a week would have to be sold or am I missing something? Yes, they would eventually return to the league, but it could be made very difficult for them.

Plus strip all the titles

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

It would be made difficult, but it's only a minor bump in the road in the grand scheme of things. They'd be by far the biggest club in the EFL, and would sail back to the top by hook or crook. Even we couldn't mess up getting out of there within 3 years, and we had absolute basket cases running us.