When will Man City face justice?

Marka Ragnos

When will Man City face justice?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. When will Manchester City actually face serious consequences due to their club's alleged financial cheating?

• By the end of this current season
    • During the 2024-25 season
    • During the 2025-26 season
    • During the 2026-27 season
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 22:18

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. Man City will never, ever face justice. There are people, even on this forum that watch them, rave about how good they are, call their **** manager by his affectionate little pet name and even address the cheating bastards by their own pet name.

I know I'll get pelters for saying it, but whilst that continues, and it will, they will never be held to account. People should refuse to watch them, demand justice and stop banging on about how good their illegally assembled squad is. Maybe then it would help even a little bit, to bring this forward.

If they ever do get their day in court, it will be such an insignificant "punishment" that it wouldn't even register. 

They'll probably have a few more trebles by then too.

Hate them.

It has nothing to do with their players, manager and whatever people on VT decide to call them.

It has everything to do with the way we've been in this country since the 80s (and probably before that tbh). The world and the country has become all about money in pretty much every facet of life and unfortunately these countries have it. You only have to look at the 90s side by side pictures with today of these places to know they're dripping in wealth. We've prostituted ourselves to them on every level regardless of how revolting we find them. When it was the Chinese or the Americans we do the same. If you have the money we don't care as long as you're spending it with us. Then what you've got is a melting pot of competing interests, a proxy war between the various powers of the region (and the world tbh) being played out in a sporting scenario. The Qataris, Abu Dhabi's, Saudis, Americans, Chinese, all vying to **** each other other by buying a club, pumping a load of money into it and deny the others the prize.

If you want it to change then you need to use your vote to eject the uber capitalists in this country whose only principle appears to be "how much are you willing to spend, and what's my cut?".

Sorry to make it political, but frankly it is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

People should refuse to watch them, demand justice and stop banging on about ...

Heard similar about the World Cup in Qatar. How'd that work out? 

What you're suggesting is not practical or sensible. It's up to the football authorities to protect the integrity of the league, not football fans. One of the main problems is the huge flaws in FFP. It's just as rubbish as VAR, if not worse.

• Like 2

It's mad that they even feel the need to break FFP. The rule literally exists to protect City, Chelsea, etc from anyone like them ever happening again.

Edited by kurtsimonw

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Heard similar about the World Cup in Qatar. How'd that work out? 

What you're suggesting is not practical or sensible. It's up to the football authorities to protect the integrity of the league, not football fans. One of the main problems is the huge flaws in FFP. It's just as rubbish as VAR, if not worse.

I am suggesting that fans of othwr clubs should boycott them because its the right thing to do. Not because I genuinely think it will nake a difference.

And as for giving pet names to their **** manager and discussing how good they are...

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I am suggesting that fans of othwr clubs should boycott them because its the right thing to do. Not because I genuinely think it will nake a difference.

And as for giving pet names to their **** manager and discussing how good they are...

He has been called Pep in football for about 30 years now

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

He has been called Pep in football for about 30 years now

Couldn't give a ****. He and the club he represents are cheats and don't deserve to be called by their pet nicknames. It makes me sick tbh.

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Couldn't give a ****. He and the club he represents are cheats and don't deserve to be called by their pet nicknames. It makes me sick tbh.

Josep Guardiola i Sala just doesnt run off the tongue

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's mad that they even feel the need to break FFP. The rule literally exists to protect City, Chelsea, etc from anyone like them ever happening again.

it doesn't protect them from man utd's revenue being a few hundred million higher than theirs

that's the fundamental problem with FFP, its based on the belief that clubs can naturally grow their revenue in to a position where they can compete, they cant its utter bollocks

the only way to topple the existing top table clubs is by cheating, or even if its above board it'll still be in the frowned upon column, Newcastle's sleeve sponsor and soon to be shirt sponsor for example - Newcastle's owners are going to sponsor themselves, doubling, tripling or even quadrupling the value of their previous deals....and they're still going to have £200-300m less revenue than man utd

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it doesn't protect them from man utd's revenue being a few hundred million higher than theirs

that's the fundamental problem with FFP, its based on the belief that clubs can naturally grow their revenue in to a position where they can compete, they cant its utter bollocks

the only way to topple the existing top table clubs is by cheating, or even if its above board it'll still be in the frowned upon column, Newcastle's sleeve sponsor and soon to be shirt sponsor for example - Newcastle's owners are going to sponsor themselves, doubling, tripling or even quadrupling the value of their previous deals....and they're still going to have £200-300m less revenue than man utd

Deloitte has them as #1 for 2023, for the second year running.

Though I suppose you could argue it's as a result of cheating. But we've no idea.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Nah. I think I know what the intent of my own words are. 👍

I lived in Barcelona for 5 years, Spain for 8 years in total, speak fluent Spanish and am engaged to a Mexican. I am saying for a FACT that Pep is a diminutive and a term of endearment for someone called Josep.

That's what I mean.

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I lived in Barcelona for 5 years, Spain for 8 years in total, speak fluent Spanish and am engaged to a Mexican. I am saying for a FACT that Pep is a diminutive and a term of endearment for someone called Josep.

That's what I mean.

literally every media article, commentator etc refers to him as pep...i bet even utd fans refer to him as pep. it doesn't mean you like him.

what a very bizarre thing to be angry about...

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

literally every media article, commentator etc refers to him as pep...i bet even utd fans refer to him as pep. it doesn't mean you like him.

what a very bizarre thing to be angry about...

Angry? No. I find it annoying as **** though.

Calling Man United, "Utd" or "United" is another as it happens. And Man City, "City". 

Far too familiar when there are tons of other City's and United's..

And the fact the media all call him that is EXACTLY the point. They love him and the club he manages.

So there you go. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

750 million pound fine or exact amount proven above FFP rules 

All titles stripped and history books amended with respective runners up for each competition 

Relegation to League 2

25 point deduction for the first four seasons after relegation so even if they get back to back promotions they start the PL at - 25 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Deloitte has them as #1 for 2023, for the second year running.

Though I suppose you could argue it's as a result of cheating. But we've no idea.

Its a mixture of the above board stuff like Etihad which is obviously artificially inflated but that horse has bolted, the genuine stuff like their sleeve sponsor and various partners, the supposedly phony stuff like partners who don't actually exist and the supposedly outright fraudulent stuff where they've made it up on the books

I'm under the impression some of the charges relate to the second two, the first two are what they are and no one can do anything about it - Newcastle will look to repeat it

but my point was that without using your owner / parent company to artificially inflate the value of your deals you cant catch man utd, man city couldn't do it without then taking it a step even further, there's not a chance in hell any club is doing it naturally, its impossible and thats why FFP is bullshit

30 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

750 million pound fine or exact amount proven above FFP rules 

All titles stripped and history books amended with respective runners up for each competition 

Relegation to League 2

25 point deduction for the first four seasons after relegation so even if they get back to back promotions they start the PL at - 25 

It will be a relatively small fine and a small points deduction if anything and even that will take years. 

They will not lose any titles, be relegated or miss out on the CL.

They MAY get a transfer ban that will be overturned on appeal.

Thats what I expect anyway.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It will be a relatively small fine and a small points deduction if anything and even that will take years. 

They will not lose any titles, be relegated or miss out on the CL.

They MAY get a transfer ban that will be overturned on appeal.

Thats what I expect anyway.

and me 

a fine which they can afford and a transfer ban both of which will be appealed as a token gesture and reduced

no relegation, no stripping of titles

points deduction which might result in them losing the 24/25 title but wont result in them missing out on CL - this is where it'll be interesting as the best result for the PL is they finish 2nd anyway but still 20 points clear of 5th who also qualify for the CL via the coefficient - the points deduction would then be one of convenience  

take the slap on the bum and move on ready for the 25/26 season like nothing has happened 

• Like 1