When will Man City face justice?

Marka Ragnos

When will Man City face justice?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. When will Manchester City actually face serious consequences due to their club's alleged financial cheating?

• By the end of this current season
    • During the 2024-25 season
    • During the 2025-26 season
    • During the 2026-27 season
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 22:18

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and me 

a fine which they can afford and a transfer ban both of which will be appealed as a token gesture and reduced

no relegation, no stripping of titles

points deduction which might result in them losing the 24/25 title but wont result in them missing out on CL - this is where it'll be interesting as the best result for the PL is they finish 2nd anyway but still 20 points clear of 5th who also qualify for the CL via the coefficient - the points deduction would then be one of convenience  

take the slap on the bum and move on ready for the 25/26 season like nothing has happened 

And win this season's treble in the meantime. 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Why would the Football League agree to take them?

Increased gate receipts, exposure and revenue they would bring I would imagine for starters  

Like celeb's do by buying a 'sunshine bus' putting a little bit back 

Edited by Follyfoot

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Increased gate receipts, exposure and revenue they would bring I would imagine for starters  

Like celeb's do by buying a 'sunshine bus' putting a little bit back 

Ah, you think that the Football League would consult their members? I suppose that's possible. They'll have to change their own FFP rules to accept them though.

All the plastics will just move onto another club.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, limpid said:

Ah, you think that the Football League would consult their members? I suppose that's possible. They'll have to change their own FFP rules to accept them though.

All the plastics will just move onto another club.

Point 1 & 2 - yes I do as unprecedented move and discussions would have to be agreed for introduction and implementation on both 

Yes the plastics would but the news it would attract would be massive and the old Man City would still be a massive fish in a small pond as they were in 99/2000 and very much like us in the early 70's (documentary made about our fantastic support etc)  

Edited by Follyfoot

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I am suggesting that fans of othwr clubs should boycott them because its the right thing to do. Not because I genuinely think it will nake a difference.

And as for giving pet names to their **** manager and discussing how good they are...

“Right thing to do” in what sense? The majority of people caring about anything football related will have a Sky Sports/TNG Sports subscription (UK), not a Man City subscription. If they happen to be live, they’ll probably be watched by someone who has an interest in football.

It’s perfectly fine to accept that there’s a side that exist who one doesn’t like, but also to discuss them as a side who exist.

The anger over Guardiola being called Pep is hilarious, though.

(FWIW, I don’t have either sports subscription and don’t watch Man City games).

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

“Right thing to do” in what sense? The majority of people caring about anything football related will have a Sky Sports/TNG Sports subscription (UK), not a Man City subscription. If they happen to be live, they’ll probably be watched by someone who has an interest in football.

It’s perfectly fine to accept that there’s a side that exist who one doesn’t like, but also to discuss them as a side who exist.

The anger over Guardiola being called Pep is hilarious, though.

(FWIW, I don’t have either sports subscription and don’t watch Man City games).

Anger? I literally explained a few posts up that anger wasn't the point. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You seem pretty angry about it!

Seem? Well you could just read what I said instead.

I find it really annoying. He deserves to be called anything but his pet name. Im not sure many Small Heath players would get called by their nicknames on here for example. 

Anyway, its boring now. Crack on with it.

Incredible to think Everton and Forest could both be destroyed whilst Man City continues to walk free because their case is "too complex." What crazy universe do we live in? Just allegedly commit so many breaches that no one can keep track or process them, a kind of football version of a Denial of Service attack on a website, and you basically get away with it.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Incredible to think Everton and Forest could both be destroyed whilst Man City continues to walk free because their case is "too complex." What crazy universe do we live in? Just allegedly commit so many breaches that no one can keep track or process them, a kind of football version of a Denial of Service attack on a website, and you basically get away with it.

Imagine, if you will somebody murdered 1 person and was sent to jail. Now, imagine someone else murdered 115 people and is walking free to do as they please still awaiting trail because of how complex it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

If there's one thing that this should teach people it's to not cooperate in any way

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Biggest stain on the Premier league in its history. And they'll continue to win trophies built on a decade of cheating. 

Yep. And yet there are posters who don't mind them doing it.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If there's one thing that this should teach people it's to not cooperate in any way

Yes. The whole process and the way these big cases have unfolded, and the uneven transparency of how information was shared, totally reward non-transparency and secrecy. Do the authorities seriously think owners and financiers will not use one-to-one encryption and vanishing messaging nowadays? 🤔 Goodbye these sorts of email trails forever!!!!!

Since the sanctions imposed on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, links between English football clubs and authoritarian states have been in the spotlight. Internal documents show that Manchester City has received funding from a government agency in Abu Dhabi.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. And yet there are posters who don't mind them doing it.

I really do get your frustration. It's intolerable to times.

I imagine what's hard for some older people, especially, is that they keenly remember the old Manchester City of Maine Road era, especially long before the Abu Dhabi takeover, and it's just very hard to begrudge those Born Blue fans (some of whom are still around) because many of us can relate to feeling so emotional about a club, and then you see the millions of plastics, and well, it's very easy to feel even more frustrated. I would personally have had to have a rethink if that happens ever with Villa, for example, so I guess I'm more with you on this. 

• Thanks 1