Player of the season so far

Jas10

Player of the season so far  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our best player since the start of this season?

• Martinez
    • Pau
    • Konsa
    • Digne
    • Kamara
    • Luiz
    • McGinn
    • Bailey
    • Diaby
    • Tielemans
    • Watkins
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/24 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I thought she would be more of a cup and g-string kind of gal.

Honestly have no idea but please if that works for you mate carry on🤣 happy New Year

• Haha 1

I've gone for Kamara. I'm not sure that he's underrated necessarily but he is so important to so much of the positive we have done. It is the thankless role isn't it, the breaking up of play and the transition of the ball forward when in possession. 

• Like 1

Three players without any votes, who is the worst player?

I voted for Konsa as the best player, but to be honest there are a number of other players that are equally deserving of a vote.

If there is a best player, there also must be a worst player among the 11 that was listed, who will be the last man standing without any votes?

Konsa for me- has stepped up as a leader in mings’ absence and performed very solidly including a significant number of games out of position 

Wow, this one is difficult.

Went with Luiz as he runs midfield and transitions so well, big improvement this season, adds the consistency (along with Kamara) and rhythm to our team. Set pieces, goals and penalties make the difference.

However, There is a big case for Konsa who is most improved, and a genuine all rounder whose game with the ball at his feet is improving game on game - for me, the best English CB at this moment; Watkins has solidified his importance to how we play, added crucial assists and looks like he might hit 18 league goals plus from open play.

Also big shouts to Kamara and Pau who add real quality and broaden our playing style and ability; and Martinez who is back to his best and adds so much authority and confidence to our defence.

This seems unfair on McGinn, Bailey, Diaby and Digne who have had excellent seasons so far.

The improvement wrung out of these players is astonishing.

Edited by thunderball
  • Thanks 2

I think it's Luiz by a hair's breadth.  McGinn is playing the best football of his career at the moment, Konsa has stood up when we've needed him, Dibu is Dibu, Watkins is one of the best forwards in the Premier League right now and there are half a dozen others who have been fantastic for us all year but Dougie is the heartbeat of the team. 

It’s refreshing to genuinely have 5-6 players worthy of being player of the season! 

Any of Watkins, Luiz, Konsa, McGinn, Bailey, Martinez or Torres could justifiably get the gong! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

I voted for McGinn, but I'm a little disappointed that Digne has no votes so far. I think he's been the unsung hero. 

• Like 4

Voted Bailey for basically pulling up trees like a madman, but feel a bit bad not voting for Pau - it's an entertainment business and I principally want to watch him glide out of defense doing galaxy brain line-breaking passes and weird chest height diagonal through balls that magically dip onto the instep of the receiver

Hoping that Diaby will also be in this conversation at the end of the season!