Player of the season so far

Jas10

Player of the season so far  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our best player since the start of this season?

• Martinez
    • Pau
    • Konsa
    • Digne
    • Kamara
    • Luiz
    • McGinn
    • Bailey
    • Diaby
    • Tielemans
    • Watkins
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/24 at 23:59

Pau has been our best player in my view. We are much better at both ends when he is playing. I absolutely love him. Honourable mentions for Digne, Doug, SJM Boubs and Ollie who have all been superb too. If we keep all of these guys fit and available, the rest of the season should be very interesting indeed.

• Like 2

Could be any of Emi, Konsa, Pau, Digne, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey

But I went for Watkins for the amount of goal contributions. Some big moments too like winners at Spurs and Brentford, rescuing a point at Bournemouth.

If you ask me at the end of the season though every chance I'll say Bailey with the form he's in, but he just wasn't playing enough at the start of the season.

I think Luiz has been head and shoulders our best player. He’s given us so much and makes us tick. He’s been our orchestrator in my opinion. Next level down would be Martinez, Watkins and Konsa. Bailey most improved player. Kamara the most potential for the second half of the season. He hasn’t quite kicked on like I expected when he first joined. I think those couple of injuries last season stifled him a little. But he’s crucial to us and can go up another level. 

8 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I think Luiz has been head and shoulders our best player. He’s given us so much and makes us tick. He’s been our orchestrator in my opinion. Next level down would be Martinez, Watkins and Konsa. Bailey most improved player. Kamara the most potential for the second half of the season. He hasn’t quite kicked on like I expected when he first joined. I think those couple of injuries last season stifled him a little. But he’s crucial to us and can go up another level. 

I think Luiz is our best player... But not every week

Ollie and konsa are more consistent 

Luiz has had a tough Xmas without Kamara 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think Luiz is our best player... But not every week

Ollie and konsa are more consistent 

Luiz has had a tough Xmas without Kamara 

Up until the last few games, I thought he’d been consistently brilliant. I actually think Ollie has a bit to go with the consistency. I still don’t feel certain he’s going to turn up for every game but he’s pretty close. I agree Konsa has been extremely consistent and at a very high level.

The crazy thing for me is that we are second in the league without all our players firing on all cylinders; some through injuries or lack of form or getting used to the league. Cash, Carlos, Moreno, Ramsey, Diaby, Zaniolo, Tielemans, Duran, even Torres are just a sample of players where I think the output could improve for the second half of the season. It bodes well potentially. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Up until the last few games, I thought he’d been consistently brilliant. I actually think Ollie has a bit to go with the consistency. I still don’t feel certain he’s going to turn up for every game but he’s pretty close. I agree Konsa has been extremely consistent and at a very high level.

The crazy thing for me is that we are second in the league without all our players firing on all cylinders; some through injuries or lack of form or getting used to the league. Cash, Carlos, Moreno, Ramsey, Diaby, Zaniolo, Tielemans, Duran, even Torres are just a sample of players where I think the output could improve for the second half of the season. It bodes well potentially. 

I went with konsa for that reason 

On a given day Luiz is better, Watkins is absolutely key for us but I think rain or shine CB or RB konsa plays at a 8/10 level every week 

Dougie for me. If he doesn't play, or has a bad game, we can be beaten by anyone. He's so fundamental to the way we play.

Think mentions for Ollie for his overall output, Konsa for (IMO) being one of the best centre backs in the league, an Emi for the amount of points he saves.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Dougie for me. If he doesn't play, or has a bad game, we can be beaten by anyone. He's so fundamental to the way we play.

Think mentions for Ollie for his overall output, Konsa for (IMO) being one of the best centre backs in the league, an Emi for the amount of points he saves.

I would say the same of McGinn.