Player of the season so far

Jas10

Player of the season so far  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our best player since the start of this season?

• Martinez
    • Pau
    • Konsa
    • Digne
    • Kamara
    • Luiz
    • McGinn
    • Bailey
    • Diaby
    • Tielemans
    • Watkins
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/24 at 23:59

This is a really tough one. I mean Tony Moon started off really well but now I think Joe Bennett is pushing him really hard for that spot. Okore has been immense and Bacuna is flying down that wing like he's in the CL. But in the end I give my vote to KEA, the playmaker and CDM in one that we've missed since forever. 

And that was a PFE to show how our team looked like only 10 years ago. Just a little reminder that no one needed and even less asked for.

My serious vote goes to Douglas Luiz, the player that IMO really makes us ticking. The icing on the cake, or whatever term you use. He's so essential to our game. Having said that I can see why other goes for SJM, Watkins, Tores, Dibu, Konsa, you name it. They have all been superb and I love to watch them play. But for me it's Dougie.

• Like 2

A long list to think about. McGinn and Luiz have been excellent, Torres has added something at the back, Martinez is a world-class goalkeeper and Watkins is one of the most in-form strikers in the league.

However, I would probably go for Konsa for consistency and the fact he has stepped up big time with Mings being injured. Been impressed with him, and is frankly ridiculous that he hasn't had an England cap by now. Though having a player not recognised for England didn't harm Villa much in 1980-81 did it.

This is like being asked to describe your best ever blow job.  Very hard to choose.  We'd probably miss Watkins and Luiz most if they were out.  Digne has stepped up brilliantly but a slight drop off recently.  Pau started slowly but is now a key player. McGinn has been brilliant at times but with one or two AWOL performances.  Bailey now looks more of a £50m player than Diaby does and his goals and assists per minute played are probably better than Watkins.  Emi has saved us multiple times.  Kamara has been missed and makes Dougie better.  Konsa has turned into a Rolls Royce of a defender and should be a shoe-in for England. 

I think Luiz just edges it for me as he is the tempo-setter and the main cog in Emery's machine, defends, creates, scores and great pens.   

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pelle said:

This is a really tough one. I mean Tony Moon started off really well but now I think Joe Bennett is pushing him really hard for that spot. Okore has been immense and Bacuna is flying down that wing like he's in the CL. But in the end I give my vote to KEA, the playmaker and CDM in one that we've missed since forever. 

And that was a PFE to show how our team looked like only 10 years ago. Just a little reminder that no one needed and even less asked for.

My serious vote goes to Douglas Luiz, the player that IMO really makes us ticking. The icing on the cake, or whatever term you use. He's so essential to our game. Having said that I can see why other goes for SJM, Watkins, Tores, Dibu, Konsa, you name it. They have all been superb and I love to watch them play. But for me it's Dougie.

I shuddered.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 14:24, Jas10 said:

Aah… this is a nice dose of positivity isn’t it?

😁

Pleasing to reflect on how well our players have done… (thanks Unai) what a year we have had and a season we are having…

Exactly, great to have a dose of positivity on VT. Great thread mate!

• Thanks 1

I give to Luiz because he has a number of very important goals and assists as well as his general play orchestrating things in the middle. 

But I could probably name 8 or 9 that could be chosen as well. Watkins, Martinez, Pau, Konsa, Digne, Bailey, McGinn, all right up there.

Martinez rolls the ball to Konsa and on to Leon Bailey, Leon Bailey down the wing like a Torpedo. Crosses the ball in the air for Nicolò Zaniolo.

So Nicolò Zaniolo, for completing my song. Or SJM really, because while you could pick any of Emi, Ezri, Pau, Dougie, SJM, Ollie or Leon the leadership of Meatball just carries him over the line.

• Like 1

I think I'd go for Konsa, as he's been the model of consistency, and has really raised his game in the absence of Mings.

It’s an amazing sign that there are so many contenders, makes a welcome change from the disaster years. I think Douglas Luiz is our best player, and I very nearly picked McGinn, but I’m going with Konsa for this year. He has continued to keen up with our progress and taken his game to new levels, he’s such a quality (RR) defender but has become a really good ball player too. I could say the same about loads of our squad tbf. They’ve all been superb, and I hope we leave this season with a trophy and Champions League qualification to show for it. We need new heroes and future legends, the 80’s and 90’s is too long ago now. 

Tough shout, wanted to give it to agent Ramsey for the pen the other night, but not sure we area allowed to nominate contracted Burnley players so I gave it Leon Bailey.