Player of the season so far

Jas10

Player of the season so far  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our best player since the start of this season?

• Martinez
    • Pau
    • Konsa
    • Digne
    • Kamara
    • Luiz
    • McGinn
    • Bailey
    • Diaby
    • Tielemans
    • Watkins
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/24 at 23:59

Bailey for me without a shadow of a doubt. 6 goals, 5 assists in only 8 starts. Not just his numbers, he’s improved defensively and is one of the best 1 v 1 dribblers in the league. Needs a new contract.

Close 2nd would be McGinn or Luiz who have been consistently brilliant. And obviously a shout out to Ollie who has led the line superbly.

Edited by Leeroy

I could easily make a case for Watkins, Bailey, McGinn, Konsa, Luiz, even Kamara and Martinez, but went for Pau, and I think we've seen over the last few games he's been out how much control he gives us. He leads the league in progressive yards carried by a defender (actually might be behind Dias now but only because of his injury) and his accuracy when passing forwards is so crucial to our attack building. He's also had to adapt much faster than I think the club would have expected. IMO he should be in the conversation for signing of the season across the whole league. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

This is really tough, I went for Watkins but we probably don't have a stand out. Pau, Mcginn, Luiz, Emi, Watkins all worth. Bailey probably in the conversation but I'd say that's a bit of recency bias and based on his improvement. 

Yeah it’s really difficult isn’t it? 😆

Luiz has been the main man but McGinn has been shining and leading from the front with important contributions as well as the energy and drive he brings. Martinez has been class and reliable as usual, Konsa and Pau is a fantastic partnership with both thriving and essential for us, Kamara is so important, Watkins has been great, Digne performed admirably, Bailey has been outstanding…

I guess the question is… who has been the most consistent overall and contributed the most over that period of time?

Still tricky 😆

Makes a pleasant change doesn’t it? Not so long ago, we had Targett as our player of the season and even worse going further back 😂😂😂

They've all been incredible, but I'd give it to Bailey because of the improvement he has made compared to other seasons. A lot of people, including myself had given up on him but he's been nothing short of sensational this season. It's a relief because I was so excited when we signed him. £25m really does look a steal now.

Really difficult to pick this season, and for once because there are multiple good candidates rather than all of them being crap.

Luiz probably gets my vote ahead of Watkins but McGinn is just as important. Pau has been great once he adjusted to the league. Bailey must be a candidate for most improved but again Konsa is not far behind. And just as important we have a bunch of players who've all been good to great on a regular basis. 

Nice to see Konsa getting more praise/credit and attention… what a player he has been for us ever since he arrived. But he really has gone to a new level now… really stepped up in the absence of Ty too…

Well done Ezri 👏 

Good to see the positivity around Pau also after much initial criticism and skepticism from many… an absolute class act and key player… Unai’s main man…

Got to shout out this man again… the improvement under Unai has been remarkable and astounding. What a captain and leader he has become. We really struggle without him and when he is “on it” the whole team shines… our heartbeat:

spacer.png

spacer.png