Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Love this site. We are 2-0 up yet somehow we have been “poor”!!

Nah mate, it's a fair analogy. 

I'm super excited with the scoreline, but if we weren't playing a team scared to score it might be a different story.

Can't complain about being 2-0 at HT. Definitely need to tighten it up a bit in the second half, though. We're making it a bit too easy for Utd to get back into the game; giving the ball away too easily, being a bit too ambitious with our passes when we need to just get a foot on the ball and settle it down a bit.

When we're attacking we look dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us get another one or two - just need to be a bit less sloppy.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought maybe Diego Carlos got a touch - the crowd in the stadium seemed to think it was his - I suspect the skipper will insist.

Watch it - as it goes past (touches) Watkins the ball changes direction.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think I agree. We were good for the first 25 mins and then poor for the other 20. We’ve got to be careful. If they score, I cannot see it finishing 2-1. They’ll get every decision possible to try and even it up. We need another goal and then to just waste as much time as possible. 

I'm confident we'll win. Emery can have a word and United look allergic to scoring at the moment.

We are doing somethings really well and somethings not so. I think that's a fair assessment in the first half tbh. 

We've got another gear or two but we also have a mistake or two in the locker imo. It's about which occurs first. I think they'll be more goals.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

We're seeing the control in midfield we get with Kamara in the team completely missing.

Still feel like they're going to get a bad decision or ten go their way in the 2nd half to get them back in the game.

We've looked good in spells, but missing Pau and Kamara

There was already a shocker for that Garnacho free kick.

Not only was there little contact, the ref let them take 2 touches, then us take 2 touches and only when we were through on the break called it back for the free-kick.

That's not advantage - that's bollox.