Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

2 minutes ago, allani said:

That was my assumption but OBE has a good track record and so I was intrigued by his comment.

I'd be amazed if it's not at this stage - more a comment on trying to pick up details on how it'll work when it isn't actually announced even yet.

The club seem to have given up on the idea of launching/announcing things properly themselves.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, allani said:

That was my assumption but OBE has a good track record and so I was intrigued by his comment.

Might have been referring more to who is actually manufacturing the kits rather than the deal…

but…

we should wait for an official reveal and announcement too

21 minutes ago, allani said:

Does that mean that extra shirt sales = extra revenue (rather than just more profit for Fanatics)? 

From what I know a kit deal means you get X money from <sportswear brand>.  You get a set fixed amount of money and it doesn't matter how many kits are sold. They make, sell and keep all the money from your replica kit sales. This is why its recommended to buy all your merch from the club shop, because then the club gets the retailer margin. If you buy from sports direct then some fatso gets it.

Its a myth that Ronaldo/Messi etc pay for themselves in shirt sales. They don't. However having a player with a profile like that in your squad around the time of kit deal renewal can mean you get a higher fixed price. Addidas and Nike most likely lose money on big kit deals, they are paying to advertise their brand and be seen as the best/most successful. That way they can sell non football branded goods at higher prices. 

47 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Can we also ditch BK8 after this season for a blue chip sponsor?

Imagine looking back at the history of the clubs 150th year, with a beautiful kit made by Adidas, that's soiled by a BK8 logo! :puke:

*Not to mention the underwhelming new crest!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The really big thing about that if it's true is that it means that we can re-establish the link between being a fan and buying things at the club shop. You'll remember those quaint old things like 'season ticket holder discount' and so on? Well, those are back on the table if the club shop becomes owned by Aston Villa rather than Fanatics.

We might even finally see after years of utter pointlessness a use for Pride Reward Points.

If it's true - it's great news.

Yes. Hopefully it is true. It also seems to tally with Heck's comments about the store expanding in the summer with extra merch being introduced.

Re the elite/standard/whatever level of our deal with Adidas, I just can't see that it would be lucrative enough if we had the same "standard" sort of deal that the likes of Leeds or Fulham have. 

If that's what Adidas offered us I'm certain we'd have kept looking. 

Really excited about this, I think we'll get something spectacular. 

Adidas recent highlights reel:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

They seem to be in a real design peak at the moment. Some very simple / classic designs, plus some that push the envelope. I hope we get the long sleeve versions. 

• Shocked 1

...But it will be interesting how far they push the wider merchandising. There's so much potential.

Arsenal, United, and Newcastle all have a history with the brand, so they can mine a rich seam of heritage. United and Arsenal do frequent re-make releases of classic shirts. I'm sure we will see the mid-90s Newcastle shirts  get the same treatment. 

They also seem to do an 'Icon' series for the Elite tier teams every year inspired by a particular era. 

I'd love to see to see some 'alternate history' 70s, 80s and 90s style retro Villa kits using the classic Adidas templates of the time. 

Lot's to get excited about. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Ergh dirty Leeds have adidas too? 

They have a white t-shirt with 3 lines on it.  The kind of effort Adidas put into most kits.  Also loads of those above are just bus seat designs that other companies, Castore included get stick for.

• Like 2

Â