Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nothing special (vintage/retro/celebratory) for 150th anniversary?

Probably, yes - but not I would have thought for the mens home shirt. They'll want to get a good solid one in first I'd have thought.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yet another demonstration of how horrific this badge is and how it brings everything down…

There are hundreds of better, more visually appealing and relevant ones that so many people have put together…

Yeah, it’s not how it would appear in/on fabric/material… (this was minimised from a sharp or clear original image) but the yellow lion on pale blue would be even more obscured and blurry or blobby then… I’m shocked they didn’t solve or realise this contrast issue.

The badge above is leagues better and smarter.

spacer.png

🤮 

I might be a minority but I like how our current badge looks on kits (not this new one). The colour scheme really pops, especially the gold lion. I can see why they tried to tweak it, they just got it horribly wrong.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I might be a minority but I like how our current badge looks on kits (not this new one). The colour scheme really pops, especially the gold lion. I can see why they tried to tweak it, they just got it horribly wrong.

The AVFC one? I didn’t have a massive problem with it (just begrudgingly got used to it) it until all these badge “processes” and whole fiasco began, shouldn’t we have gotten something better? Wasn’t the whole idea to get an IMPROVEMENT?

At least it had a bit of claret in it too (unlike this almost black and white frame, hideous - especially the unnecessary addition of white) but still… the yellow lion (blurry blob) on blue has always been a major issue..

The one Heck is trying to bring out is uglier and inferior… proper cheap, weak and lazy. The drop shadow is just embarrassing… 

Either stick with the AVFC badge and stop wasting time and money, stick with or even alter the round badge, or come up with something better than both…

Anyway, this is the shirt thread and the better the badge, the better the shirt looks. A crap badge will make the shirt worse… and vice versa I suppose.

A well designed and visually appealing badge will make all merchandise and media and clothing much more attractive and sought after… can affect sales, and look much better on tv and online too…

Edited by Jas10

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Probably, yes - but not I would have thought for the mens home shirt. They'll want to get a good solid one in first I'd have thought.

Makes sense… a nice or special edition third shirt or extra one to commemorate the event… 

fans will be clamouring for it and spending if they come up with something really good… eye catching, appealing, smart, attractive etc.

The jump up from Castore to Adidas is difficult to fully appreciate and “sink in” really… in different ways too…

We will have at least three kits next year so plenty of scope to have one that is a modern take on a vintage/retro design and hopefully one that it is very modern and fresh. Really looking forward to the new kits as we’ve had some absolute junk since the halcyon days of the Luke Roper kits. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agree, I'd have thought they'd go classic and simple for the home shirt and let the brand name do the rest and it'll sell like hot cakes 

Id then also say the 150th would make for a good opportunity for a range or a 4th shirt or some sort of cash grab, definitley some training or off the field gear, there's money to be made from it 

The problem might be that the Adidas retro range understandably seems to be for teams who had previous Adidas kits, I'd expect Newcastle to get one but not us, arsenal's retro range in of their 90s kits when Adidas made them they're not remakes of old Nike kits, so I don't know if they would 

Edit - my prediction - they'll do a normal set up, 3 kits + training, with the new badge on

They'll then do at least one t-shirt, be it originals or a training top or a shirt with the 150th logo on - if they really went for it they'd do a full 150th range, shirts, jumpers, training jackets, woolly hats etc with the 150th logo on but that would depend on fan feedback (which isn't good so far...) 

Edited by villa4europe

Â