Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

15 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

https://x.com/thevillachats/status/1744831668911784288?s=20

This guy reported the adidas deal two months ago. It seems like Heck has bought us out of Fanatics deal and adidas are producing kit/merch for us - does this suggest we are going to be adidas elite class?

The really big thing about that if it's true is that it means that we can re-establish the link between being a fan and buying things at the club shop. You'll remember those quaint old things like 'season ticket holder discount' and so on? Well, those are back on the table if the club shop becomes owned by Aston Villa rather than Fanatics.

We might even finally see after years of utter pointlessness a use for Pride Reward Points.

If it's true - it's great news.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:
30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Those are awful

Yeah… a better version of the first one may be nice… just thought I’d post something different than the one that’s looked best so far:

Surprisingly, not that many about atm 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The really big thing about that if it's true is that it means that we can re-establish the link between being a fan and buying things at the club shop. You'll remember those quaint old things like 'season ticket holder discount' and so on? Well, those are back on the table if the club shop becomes owned by Aston Villa rather than Fanatics.

We might even finally see after years of utter pointlessness a use for Pride Reward Points.

I dislike fanatics, excessive delivery charges and handling fees.. if this gets rid of them then that's a huge bonus

13 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

https://x.com/thevillachats/status/1744831668911784288?s=20

This guy reported the adidas deal two months ago. It seems like Heck has bought us out of Fanatics deal and adidas are producing kit/merch for us - does this suggest we are going to be adidas elite class?

Does that mean that extra shirt sales = extra revenue (rather than just more profit for Fanatics)?  Although I've bought some pretty decent leisurewear (I think they've done a much better job of that than the kit designs) I've generally not been a fan of spending money on merchandise when the club isn't getting a slice of that cash.

I also agree that Adidas have produced some pretty good stuff for Roma (which I also have some of) so I hope that our deal is on a similar basis.

I'm actually quite excited about this deal (getting rid of both Castore and Fanatics and replacing them with a brand like Adidas) - it just feels like another step on the road for us partnering with major brands.  I hope the news will be swiftly followed by an announcement that we've also extracted ourselves from our current main kit sponsor and replaced them with another "proper" brand that isn't an embarassment to our club.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I dislike fanatics, excessive delivery charges and handling fees.. if this gets rid of them then that's a huge bonus

Jacob Tanswell did say that the new shirts/kits will be more affordable… maybe this is why…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Come on with the current regime it is going to be a further opportunity to rinse the fans with some more over priced tat.

Edited by The Fun Factory

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To be fair, at the moment we don't even know for sure that it's Adidas, let alone what the involvement of Fanatics will be.

Isn't there too much smoke out there for it to be pretty certain?  It seems to be much more than just some random SM / Twitter rumours?  Genuine questions as it's hard to get a feel for some of this from Italy!

Edited by allani

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Isn't there too much smoke out there for it to be pretty certain?  It seems to be much more than just some random SM / Twitter rumours?  Genuine questions.

Telegraph would not have posted that article if it wasn’t accurate information… it’s done, it’s Adidas.

Plus… a few people like Dan Bardell and Jacob Tanswell already knew about it… our very own @omariqy too…

Just… those at the club haven’t revealed or announced it themselves yet… been keeping shtum recently… 👀 (badge fiasco)

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Telegraph would not have posted that article if it wasn’t accurate information… it’s done, it’s Adidas.

Just… those at the club haven’t revealed or announced it themselves yet… been keeping shtum recently… 👀 (badge fiasco)

That was my assumption but OBE has a good track record and so I was intrigued by his comment.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Can we also ditch BK8 after this season for a blue chip sponsor?

Not sure, apparently it’s quite a lucrative deal too… despite how morally questionable it is… yet another matter on which the club ignored the fans, nothing new there…

I was reading up on Liverpool’s move to Nike from New Balance yesterday… they went to court and managed to break their contract with NB and go with Nike… on the grounds and with the judge ruling that the Nike deal was more financially favourable to the club… surprising…

I wonder if we could do something similar…

Â