Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

One thing that I do moan about on the kit thread and I'll have a moan about it here too because the club have to fix it

I watch the video today of the players doing the hospital visit, photos all across the social media of the players in a dark greenish hoodie or jacket, I'm not sure if it's the travel range or not, the colour is hard to pick up

But you can't buy that product, that hoodie doesn't exist on the clubs shop 

They've done that for a couple of years now, they do promos and social media stuff featuring gear you can't buy, it's such a missed opportunity 

• Like 1

Personally, I'd love to see us get out from under Fanatics - there's just something really limiting in the way they market their kits - it's their website or the club shop in most instances. That's really unlikely to happen though as it seems like their mission to take over all sports merchandising is continuing at a rapid race.

Within that, there are all sorts of grey areas on who makes kits for us and on who makes the other stuff that's in our shops, the training gear and the t-shirts and Hawaiian shirts and all that stuff - I'm never sure what's owned and produced by Villa and what isn't - my understanding was that the shop itself is owned by Fanatics - but who designs and produces the Christmas jumpers remains a complete mystery to me.

If the shop is owned by Fanatics (and my understanding is that the workers in there aren't paid or supplied by the club directly) then I guess you'd have to ask who is paying to double the size of it and who benefits most - I guess there's some sort of partnership on sales, but the whole relationship has always seemed a little opaque.

I'm not sure on a new manufacturer, personally I'd be happy to take a new one if it makes us more money, in terms of quality or aesthetics I can't say as I'm a good enough judge to decide on any other type of preference, but I do know we're a lot bigger a prospect for a manufacturer (or a sponsor) right now than we were when we signed up with Castore and BK8 - if we can find a way out of those deals to double our money and it keeps my season ticket price down, count me in.

I think the move on training gear and the like seems to be towards short runs of things so that there are three or four seasonal training/travel gear soft launches, which I don't mind - our leisure stuff is a little bit ugly and I'd love to see that improved, but mostly I'd just like to see someone pay a lot of money to make kits and stuff for us that they then sell in lots of places where it's easy to buy and usually available.

Oh and it'd be nice if they weren't organised crime too.

47 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Have Puma ever had a decent kit design? ugh...

Not sure about anyone else on this forum but I'm partial to the 2006 Italy world cup winning kit. 

Puma have had Borussia Dortmund since 2012 and I'd argue they've been the best outfitted team in world football in that time. 

Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If he didn't think the badge was right, isn't the correct time to fix it right now? It was hardly popular or inspiring, most people were basically shrugging their shoulders at it. It hadn't done it's job. The right decision was to rip the band-aid off and start again.

It's absolutely insane to me that he's being slagged off for changing a relatively unpopular badge. The fact that the most recent badge change was botched isn't Heck's fault.

If the redevelopment has issues, isn't delaying it the right move? I don't believe for a second that he's solely responsible for any delay, he's just announcing it because that's his job.

The decision on the badge hinges on what he (or whoever he gets to do it) comes up with instead. 

If he unveils an absolutely beautiful badge then it’ll be hailed as an amazing decision. 

If it’s shit then it’ll be labelled a stupid decision. 

That’s literally all it comes down to

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Given the news that Adidas will be doing the kits next season, and there's been about 10 pages worth of discussion about that in this season's kit thread, here we are. Going to be a very interesting set of kits with the new crest!

• Thanks 2

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Right then, do adidas use the originals logo on their kits or the stripes

Trefoil on Elite Teams 3rd Shirts only apparently.

Has it been confirmed that we're not elite? 

It is weird that Newcastle are 

If we're not then I think we don't get the special lifestyle 3rd kit, a chunk of the originals stuff, authentic kits, no retro stuff (which we wouldn't anyway seeing as its their first time with us) 

Hopefully we're still premium which gets us the bespoke kits and puts us on the same level as say roma who have some decent gear 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Has it been confirmed that we're not elite? 

It is weird that Newcastle are 

If we're not then I think we don't get the special lifestyle 3rd kit, a chunk of the originals stuff, authentic kits, no retro stuff (which we wouldn't anyway seeing as its their first time with us) 

Hopefully we're still premium which gets us the bespoke kits and puts us on the same level as say roma who have some decent gear 

No, no official details have been released… 

We’ll have to see what the intricacies of the deal are… whenever they are revealed. I keep seeing suggestions that the amount varies depending on which competitions and at what level we are competing at…. which kind of makes sense really…

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No, no official details have been released… 

We’ll have to see what the intricacies of the deal are… whenever they are revealed. I keep seeing suggestions that the amount varies depending on which competitions and at what level we are competing at…. which kind of makes sense really…

The report I read said its based on the size of the deal they sign, almost suggesting it's like an attempt at recouping the money they pay the club

But that report also said that roma in the premium range only got around £5m from them 

Â