bannedfromHandV

10 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

The odds from Skybet are:

Us winning: 1/5, draw: 11/2 and SheffieldU winning: 12/1

I don’t think I have seen odds that are so in favour of us winning before, at least not for a premier league match.

A win would guarantee we will be at least second over Christmas, with a good chance to be top of the league.

It's similar odds to the Luton home game.

33 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Stick with he strongest team available, too many changes and we risk looking like we did in some of the European games 

I think this. I don't think this is a game where we over exert ourselves. And that's not disrespectful to Sheff U, that's just the way they'll come and set up. It'll be a more patient, probing game, like Luton at home was.

Brentford and Man U away are more high energy games.

We have been quite fortunate that Sheff U and Burnley at home have fallen across this busy late Christmas period.

• Like 1

According to the Telegraph, the last time Villa topped the Premier League was 20 games into the 1997-98 season under John Gregory.

Edit looks like it was 28/12/98 when we beat Sheffield Wednesday at home 2-1, think we dropped like a stone soon after

Edited by turnbull

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Anyone know where we’d be in the league if we win and Liverpool draw? 

I wouldn't say we'd be the best team in the Premier League, but we'd be in the top one. 

</BrianClough> 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It could be cool

Instead it will be a load of 40 year olds who have been on the piss all afternoon refusing to take part 😂

I may be in the minority, but my idea of the club doing things to help the atmosphere at home games was more along the lines of tifos, displays, flags etc not American-style Coldplay gig organised mobile phone light shows.

There's a reason no other club in the UK has done it.

Almost certainly a Heck idea, smacks of something he's thought of, reminds me of Charlie Methven in the Sunderland Netflix documentary - 'Can someone challenge me on this?' 🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

I may be in the minority, but my idea of the club doing things to help the atmosphere at home games was more along the lines of tifos, displays, flags etc not American-style Coldplay gig organised mobile phone light shows.

There's a reason no other club in the UK has done it.

Almost certainly a Heck idea, smacks of something he's thought of, reminds me of Charlie Methven in the Sunderland Netflix documentary - 'Can someone challenge me on this?' 🤣

I see it more as a continuation of what they already do with the floodlights (which I'm sure they stole from wolves) and the pyro 

Id say at a guess no other club has done it because it actually costs a pretty penny to do with then no actual return on it 

Would also guess that the tech is relatively new, the concept isn't, London 2012 was awesome but they were lights on the seats weren't they? 

The surprise for me is that they've announced it today and same as all things villa I'm not sure they'll get the message across or the fans will buy in to it, hopefully they've got the sense to plaster posters everywhere and even have some volunteers in the car parks outside the ground telling people about it and helping them get the app, sounds daft but it helps 

If we get it right I guarantee we won't be the last team to do it 

Edited by villa4europe

Can remember when we had a minute's silence for the monarch passing last season and they dimmed the lights, that was pretty cool.

The lights show has crept in over here last five years, all part of entertainment so Gen Z can put it up on their instagram feeds I guess. Probably works best when Hi Ho is blaring out just before the teams walk out.