bannedfromHandV

Hopefully Pau and Tielemans are both fit, we really could do with no more players missing, despite the media bleating on about how lucky we've been with them. I'm still annoyed Kamara stupidly got himself sent off yesterday too. 

My team:

Martinez

Konsa     Carlos    Pau    Digne

McGinn Luiz

Zaniolo                      Tielemans

Bailey Watkins

Subs: Marshall, Cash, Moreno, Chambers, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, Diaby, Duran      

People won't like me putting Zaniolo in but he was good when he came on yesterday and playing the worst team in the league I think we give him a chance here. Ramsey needs to force his way back in because he was poor yesterday. Diaby has been poor for a while, Bailey is miles better at this moment in time. 

Cash is the weakest link in the team and we must sign a quality right back in January even if we do nothing else. Cash looks so uncomfortable on the ball and slows us down time and again, good squad player but I think we have just outgrown him now as a starter. 

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ye, they have been a very different team under WIlder.

If we take this for granted we will get what we deserve.

They still went to a very average Chelsea, barely had a shot and lost comfortably in the end. If this was at Bramall Lane then it would be different prospect as saw first half of them v Liverpool before our game started and they played really well in that.

We're experts at getting goals in first 20 minutes at VP against this type of opponent so we'll have no problem whatsoever if we do that.

51 minutes ago, blunther said:

If (and it's a big if because there are no easy games) we're ahead and looking comfortable, I'd be looking to get McGinn subbed off ASAP. A yellow here would really **** us for Old Trafford.

It would. No idea if Tielemans is out for a few weeks but we'd be really short in CM as Ramsey is still off it and Donk has his limitations as we all know and hasn't started a league match since April.

However if SJM can manage to avoid getting booked in the carnage of yesterday I suspect he'll be o.k on Friday as we'll have plenty of the ball and they won't counter so much.

Line up here will be interesting. It's a very different game to previous weeks as I don't see Sheff having much ball at all. 

Ideally I'd be resting McGinn as both him and Kamara out for Old Trafford would not be ideal. So:

--

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Moreno

Bailey Luiz Tielemans Ramsey

Diaby Watkins

--

I'd be equally happy with Carlos rather than Cash, Digne ahead of Moreno, and if it's felt we need more balance then Dendonk in for Ramsey or Tielemans too. 

Lovely to have options, even with players out. 

i jusr realised that the game week where we play Sheff utd, is the same game week that Liverpool play Arsenal.

If we do the business in our game, we will be second for sure after those games, and if Liverpool/Arsenal draw, we would be top, lol.

58 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Old fashioned McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey central midfield? 

Or do we bring Dendinkydonk in to shield the defence?

Donk not the player for this game. Maybe when we got 2-3 up he can be bought on to see the game out. Could be a place for him against United though where we may have to do some more defending.  Damn it Kamara !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sitting quite near to the front in lower DE for this one and taking my 9 year old daughter. Never sat there before so here is a random odd question. Do kids sometimes hold up banners they made for a certain player in the off chance they get a shirt at the end?

Usually pieces of cardboard with shirt requests on I think. More chance in the lower trinity

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i jusr realised that the game week where we play Sheff utd, is the same game week that Liverpool play Arsenal.

If we do the business in our game, we will be second for sure after those games, and if Liverpool/Arsenal draw, we would be top, lol.

We play on Friday, if we can win we go top unitl they play on the Sunday.