• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

We were pretty average tonight but that said Arsenal didn’t exactly make Emi do a lot

focus more on playing football instead of diving and Arsenal could have won that 

being the only. Villa fan In a pub with 20+ Arsenal fans was fun though. …

• Like 4

McGinn MotM for me. Worked tirelessly until the very end. 

2 clean sheets against two of the best teams in the country. What an amazing week.

Saka is a proper wetwipe. London teams love a good winge on the socials after playing us.

Edited by Starscrem_Prime
  • Like 2

this ref, I know lot's think he's cheating.  I don't.  he is completely consistent with his goal.  His goal is to not call anything unless it is too obvious to ignore.  He is not biased.  But I don't like his style at all. 

1) He rarely calls any upper body contact except shirt pulling.  (it's not blatant enough) But shirt pulling depends entirely on your angle. 

2) he NEVER comes back an deals with a foul after an advantage.  

3) If your goal is to call only the blatantly obvious and impactful, it leaves so many things uncalled that could or should have been. It also means, you sometimes call something that's much less impactful because your particular angle makes it appear so much more obvious.

i would bet that the losing team blames him for their loss about 95 % of the time.  Not because h is cheating, but because he leaves way too much unpunished and then occaisionally calls a light or imaginary touch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Brentford away next, I know we will be missing a couple but the squad is strong and we must be favourites there

We are missing a couple?

Brenford injuries..

Mbeumo

Rico Henry

Hickey

Toney

Schade

Ajer

Collins

jensen

It should be a walk in the park without, Luiz and Digne.

wow.  we were clearly so tired.  Arse clearly watched the MC game tape and shifted to double Bailey most of the time to keep him from cutting in on his left foot.  we did not press as high as we did v MC and that gave them more time and more possession, but surprisingly, they still couldn't time runs to beat the offside trap.

Emery's subs were brilliant.  I don't rate Donk at all, and he did commit some obscene giveaways, but defensively he closed a lot of space and made several great tackles.

• Like 1

Wednesday night form for the first 10 minutes and it was enough.

Not a pretty performance the rest of the way, but we showed guts and determination and pride and composure to see the game out.

Roll on, Villa!

21 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

P15 W15 F39 A7 Pts45, clean sheets 8, more than one goal for an opponent 0.    Incredible.

Thats outstanding! 🤩

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

This was our beast to the beauty of the wn against City. Sometimes you gotta win ugly. Back to back wins against these 2, without conceding, is so impressive.

Perfect analogy. 

ps. Good to see you back on here. 

• Like 1

Â