• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

Not sure it's reaching all the way up to Brum but London is actually slightly shaking from the ongoing Arsenal tantrum

Hope Leon is OK, two big contributions in a huge 135 minutes for us this week. We're past needing to wish for "Bundesliga Bailey" at this point and into new territory I think

Every Arsenal fan I know IRL is sound and knows a lot about football tbh, they just have a high and very visible % of braindead attention seeking Youtube-y types and overcompensating hysterical overseas fans screaming on Reddit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

They had more chances than us but I don’t think any of them were sitters or wonder saves. Martinez put in a very consistent professional performance but i couldn’t pick out a save that he really shouldn’t have made. Put it another way, we had by far the best chance of the game and we scored it. How many times in years gone by have things been the other way round and the big teams have taken their one big chance while we’ve huffed and puffed?

As for Arteta moaning about the ref, I kept a running tally of his decisions and reckon that, by the letter of the law, both rice and havertz should have been sent off. Rice cynically blocked one of free kicks in the first half which this season has resulted in bookings; then he got a deserved yellow for pulling a player’s shirt. Havertz pulled back a players shirt in the first half and then tackled Martinez late in the game while he had both hands on the ball. Bizarrely he got no booking for either. Meanwhile Luiz got booked for something as innocuous as kicking the ball away and saka gets nothing for doing the same thing two mins later. And yet artetta’s complaining about a goal disallowed for a genuine handball?! 

And if you get the chance, watch the Palace-Dippers highlights and look at what Ayew got his two yellows for.... 

• Like 1

Dug that one out. To a certain extent even more impressive than the City game, even the few days rest and playing a more in-form team. 

Mcginn, I mean what can you say? To come from mid table in the championship to become one of the best midfield players in the most competitive league in the world is quite impressive.

Arsenal are incredibly annoying to watch, falling down with a  gust of wind and lego head is a utter prat.

Still, we go marching on even if Motd decides to show a home defeat to a mid-table side first.

Onwards.

• Like 1

Arteta: "Aston Villa did not have any chances yet we lost 1-0."

Are you THAT stupid/blind/arrogant Lego Head?  If we didn't have any chances then how did we manage to score a goal you numpty. Not to mention the saves by Raya from Digne and Watkins. 

Our goalkeeper made a couple of routine stops and there was one correctly disallowed.  

I am taking a strong disliking to this bloke.  Always excuses, always blaming officials when his team doesn't win. 

• Like 2

Voted emry average. ...looks like im the only one. 

Just so frustrated that we didn't change up the positioning of Luiz and kamara throughout. Havertz and odeguard sat on them both and made it impossible to play out....just couldn't understand why Emry didn't change their starting positions to free them. Equally, no one put on zinchenko to counter in the same way they did to us. He was free all the time and kept playing balls in behind konsa and cash. 

But....we won....so wtf do I know. Clearly an Emery masterplan!! 

Edited by tommytenjobs
Typo

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So how many players did they have out? 

Oh. Meeja can't moan about this so are instead going with the should have had a penalty and controversial VAR line.