• Durán
    • Bailey (McGinn 70)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 70)
    • Zaniolo (Diaby 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/23 at 23:59

Five people thought the ref was good! My Nan could have put in a better shift and she's been dead for thirty years.

Otherwise job (sort of) done after a much better second half, but it still kinda feels disappointing because we could've and should've won by two clear goals.

Great to see Moreno get some minutes and score the winner, well done son!

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 1

Mission accomplished. As others have said, I like our chances of a draw against Zrinjski.

Good to see Moreno and JJ back out there. Moreno grew into the match and was playing well in the second half. JJ didn't have as much time, but he'll get there.

Diaby played well against a packed defense.

Duran is still young but did some good things.

Doug was Doug.

Tielemans was better in the first half but can't really find any faults.

Kamara, well, he had a boo boo. (Sorry.)

Olsen's best performance for us?

Much better second half but it felt like we still had more gears to go into. Some really slick football at times, along with some sloppy moments and some frustrating passages of play. Dougie and Konsa were excellent, and great to see Moreno mark his first start back with a smart finish. Diaby’s goal was sharp too.

I thought the players that came in did well. Lenglet was pretty assured, Moreno not as sharp as he was but will benefit from this match fitness. Duran had some moments and worked hard, but still has some developing to do. Cash frustrated in the first half, sometimes I just want him to take his man on and get in behind. 

Bailey was a huge threat, his touch and control are really coming on now. Unlucky with the one off the cross bar, would have been an awesome assist from Olsen, who did well tonight. Shame we couldn’t get the third, but I’m confident we can get a result at Zrinjski anyway. 

It may sound like copium but actually not being in a situation where we can 'play the kids' in Bosnia might be for the best. Playing a second string and getting Stevenaged with a 4-1 defeat or something could just halt the momentum. Whereas playing a mixed side and resting a few, then getting a 1-0 or 1-1 keeps us on an even keel I reckon.

I'm one of Olsen's biggest critics on here but he did OK tonight. Great to see Moreno back and in the goals. We did well against a side who are no mugs. Top of the group, one more competitive game (hopefully) then we're done with this competition until March. A good night's work I reckon.

• Like 1

Another routine win at Villa Park , not a great performance but we seem to like doing the minimum to win , got to say I thought the ref was terrible, so inconsistent with his cards plus no added time 1st half & blew early in added time 2nd half . 

• Like 1

Not at our best, especially first half, should have score more goals and unfortunately didn't so we go to Bosnia for a competitive game rather than taking the B team for a friendly. I'm sure Emery will be frustrated, considering that is when we will desperately need the rest straight after City and Arsenal.

I thought we could have put Legia under much more pressure in the final 15 minutes, but some tired decision making from some and just poor decision making from others that had come on meant we never quite achieved it. Thought taking off Luiz for Dendoncker in the last 5 minutes was an odd decision...the minimal extra rest won't make any difference.

Olsen looks like a fish out of water in this system. We've got to find a replacement in January. He puts the whole build up play on edge.

Will be interesting to see the fallout from the issues for/with the Legia fans tonight.

Frustrating win! Thought the last 10 minutes we should have upped the tempo. Should have got the third - Bailey unlucky. Moreno grew into the game - great to see him back as he offers so much down the left. Great for Ramsey to get 25 minutes too!

Bad first half. Good second half. Realistically I don't think we got out of second gear.

Ref got almost everything wrong. Even blew the final whistle 15 seconds early. It's like he was trying to be bad. Very strange.

Also: f*** off Legia fans, you are a disgrace to the human genome.

• Like 2

Â