Match Thread: Villa v Legia Warszawa

limpid

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Kamara has that pass in him every match, we just got punished this time. Duran’s struggling to replicate what Ollie gives us (understandably) in terms of playing with his back to goal and bringing others into the game.

Bit of a struggle all round after a highly encouraging start, surprised Duran didn’t go across goal too with his effort shortly after diaby’s goal, seemed tailor made for it.

Duran needs to use his pace and aggression but he can't use it when he is playing Infront of their defence because we have taken too long to get up the pitch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh you mean the game we didnt care about?

And we were not worse than this. We at least created chances in that game.

Ok if you say so. Go find something else to be negative about. Must be pissed Olsen hasn’t f****d up yet?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play to Legia.

They have actually played well, without fear and shown us no respect.

We've been a bit too lackadaisical and made some bad mistakes.

The frustrating thing, is that you know we are capable of blowing them out the water if we just tweak a bit.

We are. That diaby opportunity was the only opportunity we have run at them with pace and they struggled bad. Since then its been slow and lethargic 

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Been answered I’m sure already but have they still not let the away fans in? 

I wouldn't, they are like the bad purple minions from Despicable Me. They're eating the f***ing lamp-posts out there, man.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Been answered I’m sure already but have they still not let the away fans in? 

No, they have caused so much trouble the Police have not let them in. Utter disgrace to football let alone their club.

10 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

It’s a proper weird atmosphere, kicked off by us when Legia scored a few of them was celebrating in the trinity, seen this vid on twitter, using the sauce bottles as missiles into the holte

They're going to feel properly silly when 40,000 Villa fans come out and they've run out of ketchup bottles

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Feel sorry for Duran Duran. Zero service. Barely kicked the ball. 

I agree he has scraps. I think bailey will be incoming very shortly

Harsh he hanst started tbh. Im guessing leon may be starting weekend 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

So who’s he going to bring on 2nd half. Definitely Ramsey for me and Bailey or maybe Zaniolo. Not so easy to know who to take off but Diaby has been disappointing since the goal.

To be fair to Diaby, the service and pace of play has been appalling. 

I would like to see Ramsey come on definitely!