Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I dont care what you say, you cannot judge it being 10mm offside, it's impossible due to when the ball in kicked. Would have to be within 100th of a second his foot touches the ball to cross it. Impossible!!

I agree with this one. We've seen some examples of offsides being made from frames where the ball is **** blurry so it clearly wasn't the exact moment of the ball being played

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Couldn't they have put lines up within 15 seconds?????

No, they had to find the offside angle view first. After 15 seconds they would have to use the first (in line) view where he looked onside. That would never do. So spend 5 minutes finding new camera angles and rocking the picture till you get a nice offside view. 

• Haha 1

Not sure how I feel about a dirty tackle from our guy taking out one of the other side's influential players.

But its happened to us so many times... have I mentioned how much Ben Mee can get fuckdd?

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

It was the premise for VAR. Correcting clear and obvious errors, not measuring mm for offside.

"Clear and obvious" was for cases where the VAR is overulling an on field decision. Offside has always been considered, rightly or wrongly, a "matter of fact" and has never, ever been subject to the "clear and obvious" caveat, they review them all.

Just now, sidcow said:

No, they had to find the offside angle view first. After 15 seconds they would have to use the first (in line) view where he looked onside. That would never do. So spend 5 minutes finding new camera angles and rocking the picture till you get a nice offside view. 

Shouldn't even be looked at unless a flag has gone up.