viivvaa66

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

5th in the league, not far off the top 3, and you don't get the optimism. That's what the manager has brought to the club, belief in our own ability, and it's clearly self - evident. Obviously that gives optimism to the fans, some of them, that is.

I just have a bad feeling about this one 😞 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

5th in the league, not far off the top 3, and you don't get the optimism. That's what the manager has brought to the club, belief in our own ability, and it's clearly self - evident. Obviously that gives optimism to the fans, some of them, that is.

Exactly This! 

Win 5-0 and we go 3rd :D

goal-filled draw at a guess. Can't see spurs losing 3 in a row, and our away form still needs work on it. Obviously, we need to not start incredibly slowly and concede early on. If it's still 0-0 after half an hour or so I'll feel more confident of more than a point, but not sure how people can be quite so dismissive of Spurs even with their missing players.

• Like 1

Think spurs will come flying out to prove that with a depleted squad they will still be up there. Players will have something to prove. We need to match their intensity and be more decisive in the final third in comparison to previous away fixtures. Really intrigued to see our approach today - do we fly out the blocks to set the tone and get an early goal or sit in and counter… Midfield is absolutely key here. If McGinn plays like he did last week we win this - he really sets the tone. 

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

A goal every 10 minutes, if my arithmetic is up to scratch. I don't see why not.

I don't think we want to be that predictable.  5 in the first 10 minutes, one straight after half time, and two in injury time to kill the game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so who are they missing today from the first 11 & subs bench?

Peresic, Van de Ven, Maddison, Solomon, Richarlison, Romero, Bissouma?

I see Sarr is 50/50?

Anyone else im missing?

Ashley Phillips too

• Like 1

I think having so many years of let downs supporting this club, when a game like this comes along you can't help but fear the worst. 

I'm struggling to get my head around the amount of people now talking about us in the media, we are a huge threat to these so called 'big 6' clubs and the media and other fans alike know it. 

With that in mind, we should now as Villa fans, be relishing these encounters, much like the other clubs around the top 6 have for years, but I just can't get used to it and I'm well nervous 😂

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

We do well against high line teams.

Spurs only have one way of playing under there new gaffa, even when they went down to 9 men so Emery will be very aware of this 

12-9 Villa 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Away to 4th in the league. A draw would be good, a loss would not be overly surprising, a win would be sensational.

Absolutely, Spurs starting 11 is still very strong. Hoping Bentacnur is rusty and Le Celso fails to fill the Maddison void. Need Watkins and Diaby to be on their game today - need to see a lot more from Diaby. Think we will see Ramsey today at some point to stretch their high line.