viivvaa66

On 30/10/2023 at 12:09, viivvaa66 said:

Based on the results they have been poor at home this season, they have played the three newly promoted teams at home and only managed to win against Sheffield United.

If we have ambition to get into top 4, we need to win here.

They probably have tried to be more attacking in those three games at home against promotes teams, which hasn't worked for them. Against us they will be very cautious and sit back, playing like a visiting team. It'll be tough.

Hard one to call, Forest have put in some decent away performances against top teams though mostly ended up losing. At home they've mostly played teams down the bottom and they've drawn quite a few. This might be the kind of game that suits them more, where they can play like away team but with home support

So I expect a competitive match. We'll probably dominate possession but Forest have danger on the break and getting the defensive line right will be key. 

Expect we'll go unchanged, with Bailey as the go to bench option again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Wrong. Every game is a "must win"

Man City who are currently top lost two league games in a row. Any team can lose a game from time to time. It’s how you recover and consistency over the season that secures a top 5 slot, not regarding everything game as “must win”

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, decamoto said:

Any idea what pub Villa fans are heading to pre game?

Fitting in the game with a work trip

There’s one called The Broken Wheelbarrow (which sounds like a suspect sexual position) but it certainly always used to be an away fan pub.

edit: I’m not going or anything I used to go to uni in Nottingham so that was the away fan pub then… assume it still is (it’s sort of not really a proper pub either as it’s in the Notts County/Meadow Lane bit)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, decamoto said:

Any idea what pub Villa fans are heading to pre game?

Fitting in the game with a work trip

Misquote 

Edited by Follyfoot

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

There’s one called The Broken Wheelbarrow (which sounds like a suspect sexual position) but it certainly always used to be an away fan pub.

edit: I’m not going or anything I used to go to uni in Nottingham so that was the away fan pub then… assume it still is (it’s sort of not really a proper pub either as it’s in the Notts County/Meadow Lane bit)

Cheers 👌🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This is now a very big test. We have the potential to go third (for a few hours). The squad have to show they have the mindset and mentality to handle this new kinda pressure. 

You can see from yesterdays battle of St James's that football sometimes takes a back seat....not by design, but by necessity...Both managers never set out for it to be like that.

I am not sure we have enough of the mindset, for that type of physical encounter....however, I am not saying it will turn out to be that kind of encounter, today,  but what I am saying is, when it does, we need to be ready for it.

We are going to have to face, games like that, at sometime, during the season. I hope we can cope with it.

....I think we will get a result of some sort at Forest.

Does feel like there's a lot of pressure on this when perhaps in the grand scheme of things it might not be all that crucial to our season. Maybe it's because Newcastle got 3 points yesterday, Brighton already played etc. but it seems like a big game all of a sudden. 3 points today and we really are flying, a point followed by beating Fulham would be great though too. 

You'd think Forest will be right up for this, first 15/20 mins will be key here.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

When you're top5 and you want to stay there, every game probably is a must win. I hate it, doesn't suit my mind at all. 😀

You’ll get used to it after a while. Until then enjoy a new feeling and embrace it. UTV!!!!

• Like 1