viivvaa66

Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle All play on Wednesday and 3 of them again on Saturday with Arsenal going up to Newcastle  and Utd going down to Fulham for the 12.30 kick off  :D

Won’t be an easy one, that being said their home form is currently one win in five this season (all competitions).

Beat Sheffield United 2-1. Since then, lost to Burnley in the league cup, then three draws against Burnley (again), Brentford and Luton.

Drew the fixture last year, pre Emery. A good chance to improve on it this time. 

2 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Should be an other win. We have no midweek game, so we should be rested. I predict 4-1.

You cant be serious? Forest is a tough place to go. This will be a very tough game.

Think you need to lower you expectations abit if you think we are gonna go their romp a win like that. I think on paper we should win but it will be tight. Maybe a 2-1 win. But i wouldnt bw suprised if ended a draw as forest are decent at home despite this seasons results 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You cant be serious? Forest is a tough place to go. This will be a very tough game.

Think you need to lower you expectations abit if you think we are gonna go their romp a win like that. I think on paper we should win but it will be tight. Maybe a 2-1 win. But i wouldnt bw suprised if ended a draw as forest are decent at home despite this seasons results 

Based on the results they have been poor at home this season, they have played the three newly promoted teams at home and only managed to win against Sheffield United.

If we have ambition to get into top 4, we need to win here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Based on the results they have been poor at home this season, they have played the three newly promoted teams at home and only managed to win against Sheffield United.

Of course i agree we should be looking for a win but 4-1?? Thats asking abit much!

I get the feeling people rank Forest as Burnley or Luton standard.

Have a look at how many prem matches they've actually lost at the City Ground in last 12 months, you'd be surprised.

I think this will be a near identical game to Wolves. Local and they'll get in our faces and disrupt us at every opportunity and look to break quickly.

I'd be fine with a 1-1 from this and can see it happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Look at what they were doing end of last season, won v Brighton and Arsenal at City Ground.

I actually see them as a Brentford standard side now given they won at Chelsea and got a 0-0 at Palace. All their other away games have been ridiculously tough so that's why they're only on 10 points although throwing away a 2-0 lead v Luton wasn't great at all.

That said they are weak at the back with guys like McKenna and Worrall still regular starters so I'd expect Ollie and Diaby to expose that at some point. Bailey needs to start this game aswell.

Again don't really understand the premier league fixture schedule, 10 games in and they've only played 4 homes?! Man. United and Chelsea have already played 6 games at home.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Is this really "going to be a tough one"? What makes people say this? 
They're in bad form. Not won in 6 games. 
If Brentford, Luton and Burnley can get a point at the City Ground, surely we can go there and take all 3? 
They also needed a 89th Minute winner to beat Sheffield United at the City Ground too.

Liverpool  3 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    2 -2    Luton Town    
Crystal Palace    0 - 0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Brentford
Manchester City    2 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Burnley

Form: LDDDLD 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is this really "going to be a tough one"? What makes people say this? 
They're in bad form. Not won in 6 games. 
If Brentford, Luton and Burnley can get a point at the City Ground, surely we can go there and take all 3? 
They also needed a 89th Minute winner to beat Sheffield United at the City Ground too.

Liverpool  3 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    2 -2    Luton Town    
Crystal Palace    0 - 0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Brentford
Manchester City    2 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Burnley

Form: LDDDLD 

Since October 2022 they've only lost to Newcastle (95th minute penalty) and Man. United in the premier league at home.

In that time they've been undefeated v us, Liverpool, Brentford (twice), Palace, Chelsea, Man. City, Arsenal and Brighton so some good teams in there.

Of course we can go there and win but think we'll need to score first otherwise it will get as awkward as Wolves was where we only really looked like winning when they went down to 10 men in injury time.

It's a bit like going up to Stoke in the early years when they had long unbeaten home runs and we struggled to win there under O'Neill when we had very good away form in those seasons.

Edited by VillaChris

I don’t get all the negativity, we are in the form of our lives and Forest have won once at home this season against the worst team in the league.

I’ll accept losing away to a top 8 team but we should easily win this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will be favourites to win, and the way we're going we should. Definitely got an emotional buffer to this one though, wife and her family are from Nottingham, so if we're going to drop points a bit unexpectedly, rather it be against Forest than other sides. Not a popular statement and I'm sure people will tell me I'm doing football supporting 'wrong', but plan a a villa win is still the goal.