viivvaa66

8 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is this really "going to be a tough one"? What makes people say this? 
They're in bad form. Not won in 6 games. 
If Brentford, Luton and Burnley can get a point at the City Ground, surely we can go there and take all 3? 
They also needed a 89th Minute winner to beat Sheffield United at the City Ground too.

Liverpool  3 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    2 -2    Luton Town    
Crystal Palace    0 - 0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Brentford
Manchester City    2 -0    Nottingham Forest    
Nottingham Forest    1 -1    Burnley

Form: LDDDLD 

They look unbeaten at home though in that run. 

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Since October 2022 they've only lost to Newcastle (95th minute penalty) and Man. United in the premier league at home.

Wow, that is an impressive stat. Can Emery break their amazing home record?

Forest have had a tough set of opening fixtures, especially away from home, but I don't think they've looked as strong as they did last season at the City Ground so far. I've only watched a couple of their games but they could have quite easily lost both of them (Brentford and Burnley). They look like a team struggling to transition from being last season's counter-attackers to a more possession based side now.

They are currently missing quite a few players, significantly up front, and so really there won't be a better opportunity to beat them at their place. Awoniyi might be ok to start (but probably can only play an hour max) and his involvement massively changes how they approach the game, I think. If he's fit they may play their preferred 4-3-3. Otherwise they will go 5-4-1 again (as they did v. Liverpool) with Elanga playing out of position as a striker. In some ways I hope they go toe-to-toe with us and give us opportunities to exploit the space. But I'd say it's more likely they will sit deep and play for counters/set pieces, especially given their position in the league.

I think it will be similar to the Crystal Palace/Luton home games in that we'll have to be patient. But we've seen an evolution even within those two games (I thought there was a greater variety of approaches to getting around Luton's block on Sunday than against Palace) in terms of how we break down stubborn opponents. So I fancy us for another win. If we get an early goal then the crowd could turn on the team/Cooper as there's a fair bit of dissatisfaction about their recent form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we’re serious about finishing top 5 then we have to be winning games like this both home and away.

Of course, but thats the challenge.

but lets remind ourselves they beat Arsenal and Brighton at home last season....they have only conceded 1 goal less than us, this season

Teams down the bottom are not necessarily bad all of the time....they are fighting for points, and at home, with a partisan crowd behind them, its not always easy to overcome them....they too have players with ability.

These sort of teams have a habit of throwing up a good performance, from time to time, what seperates them from the higher teams is not just talent, but consistency....but on their day, they can prove to be troublesome, as Wolves showed.

Away from home is never to be taken for granted, despite our great form.....so fingers crossed we get that win....We have to continue our superb form.

Edited by TRO

It’s a massive opportunity potentially, Newcastle have Arsenal at home, United are away at Fulham and Brighton away at rejuvenated Everton - good chance at least 2 of them will drop points which means we could open up a significant gap with a win ourselves.

• Like 2