2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You almost sound a bit annoyed that we won so convincingly and didn’t take our “deserved”punishment.

Well I can see how sloppy we were at times particularly in defense. A better side would've punished us. 

On the flipside going forward we are absolutely lethal.

That's just what I observed. Obviously delighted win the win, but I don’t think we should be getting carried away. Fine margins.

Just now, Philosopher said:

Well I can see how sloppy we were at times particularly in defense. A better side would've punished us. 

On the flipside going forward we are absolutely lethal.

That's just what I observed. Obviously delighted win the win, but I don’t think we should be getting carried away. Fine margins.

It's going to keep happening, we deliberately take risks at the back to bring the other team out and stretch their shape. Do that often enough and a couple of times you will look really stupid. Risk and reward though, playing that way we're **** awesome for 30+ games.

• Like 4

Not just in this thread but every match, why if anything goes wrong in a game is it one of our players fault and nothing to do with what the opposition players have done ? Yes we had a period in the second half when we were second best but that also coincided with the period when they stepped up and the crowd got going , it didn’t last long, was that because they became sloppy or because we upped our game again ?

• Like 1

Probably the best cup game performance so far.

Baileys best game for us

Some good performances all round, nice to see watkins despite not being involved much, take a poachers goal.

Teilemens scored a good goal and when he was further forwards he was good, put in some good blocks when Dougie went off but we then couldn't hold onto the ball and had another 10 min spell of misplacing every 3rd pass. That's 2 games in a row where it all goes a bit tits up after the other team score.

Carlos didn't help matters but he's hardly played but he was guilty a good few times of giving the ball away.

Will take another 4 -1 with the shakey spell every game though 😆😆

• Like 1

I reckon Emi M saw more of the ball than anyone else tonight, everything started through him.  He's just next level and we wouldn't have created half the chances with any other keeper in goal.  I know that's a weird thing to say, but Emi's game management is amazing.

Obviously Youri came out of his shell tonight and I voted him POTM.

That little bit of stick the AZ fans gave Bailey just pissed him off enough to make him shoot (and score), he was great.

Back 2 were really good and thought Lenglet looked calm and assured.

Matty Cash had a tougher game than most but did well.

Digne was solid enough at the back and good at getting forward and helping with attacks, providing that width we sometimes lack.

Luiz was quiet for him, yet still had a few moments of sheer class.

Mcginn huffed and puffed and his assist was pass of the night (Emi had another, slicing though 3 players at one point), lovely goal for our Scottish hero too.

Kamara with his 1 in 4 games suicide pass got lucky early on, but pretty assured and good afterwards.

Ollie was in a proper battle with their CB, but got his goal and took it calmly.

Just an absolutely superb night all round in what could and should have been a very difficult game.

Doing this well tonight will hopefully help with recovery on Sunday too, so an added bonus.

10/10, well done Villa ❤️❤️❤️🥰❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turnbull said:

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Had you down more as a melon type of guy :D

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, meregreen said:

No match report in the Guardian. Yet they have an article on the revenue of Man Utd. Newspapers of today have lost sight of what the game is all about.

It’s the Guardian. Also possibly an early edition

57 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It's going to keep happening, we deliberately take risks at the back to bring the other team out and stretch their shape. Do that often enough and a couple of times you will look really stupid. Risk and reward though, playing that way we're **** awesome for 30+ games.

We will usually score more than we conceded and have shown that we will always create chances. AVERAGING over 3 goals a game across the last 11 home games tells you all you need to know! 

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Quite pointless really, but what the hell…we have now scored 39 goals in all competitions this season (15 games).

We scored a total of 37 goals across all competitions in 2015/16 (44 games).

It's crazy the amount we are scoring these days. I don't think I can remember any other time supporting Villa that we were regularly scoring 3 plus goals a game. It's not like they are shit teams either. Alkmaar, West Ham and Brighton are all top half clubs. I reckon it will be double figures against Luton. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, meregreen said:

No match report in the Guardian. Yet they have an article on the revenue of Man Utd. Newspapers of today have lost sight of what the game is all about.

Yep. It shows how screwed they are that they cannot afford to send a jouno to cover us. Same in the 1 nil 3 weeks ago. 

Â