Cup final 2/6 pre match

Pinebro

When playing in Europe do teams still exchange those little club triangles before kick off, along with a massive bouquet of flowers if playing abroad?

Also I have read that the Europa Conference League doesn't have its own jingle, instead having to piggy back onto the Europa League. Boo. It needs its own theme tune.

The Conference League is the indie hipster's choice of european football. The football equivalent of six music.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2023 at 20:18, limpid said:

How many of our players actually get a break?

Players love to play when they're winning, no - one in that side from Saturday will want to be left out for Thursday night, and I hope that's the case. Although, I wouldn't complain if Jacobs played instead of Zani.

On 30/09/2023 at 17:42, VillaChris said:

Now calling Europa league groups stage matches "cup final" is a bit OTT. 😉

Other than knowing they're Bosnian I genuinely know nothing about Zrinjski. That however is part of the charm of european runs.

Will go for a solid 3-0 win. I think we'll be o.k playing the Everton team in this.

Calling any game a Cup final that isn't actually a final is a bit cringe, tbh.

Coral have us 1/10 to win this and Zrinjski 25/1, with the draw at 8/1. They still have us as 4/1 favourites to lift the trophy as well. I would go strong on this one too and I would tell players that they can potentially get a rest, once we have established a 3-goal lead. I would start: Emi, Cash, Konsa, Torres, Digne, Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey, Zaniolo and Ollie, given Diaby and had knocks on Saturday. If we do get a 3-goal cushion, I would look to give Marschall, Lenglet, Carlos, Kellyman and Duran, some minutes.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Ramsey is out also, Traore has zero match fitness so be odd for him to start.

I think we're probably going to try to fit in Tielemans and Dendoncker in the same side. The lineup I think we'll see - and that I don't feel good about - 

Olsen

Cash Konsa Torres Digne

Zaniolo Dendoncker Luiz Tielemans

McGinn Watkins

Hardly the line up you want to see for our first European home game in over a decade.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm maybe if carlos is back we could go with Konsa at RB and cash go into RM

Martinez

Konsa           Carlos        Torres          Digne

Cash              Luiz        Tielemans      Zaniolo

Mcginn    

Watkins

• Like 2

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Digne

Bailey Luiz McGinn Zaniolo

Tielemans

Watkins

Tielemanns has been shite, but let's give him an attacking role and see if that frees up any confidence in him. 

Wonder whats up with JJ. Hope it's nothing aggravated and just part of the planned return to fitness for him that he won't play competitively more than twice in a week... is that a thing?

With kamara and diaby out, we're looking light but hopefully gives Zaniolo chance to shine on the right on the diaby role. Something I've wanted to see since we signed him. 

Martinez

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

Luiz  Donk

Mcginn       Tielemans

Zaniolo

Watkins/Duran

Tielemans given licence to roam forward and McGinn playing a more withdrawn role (a waste of his talents but we know he's capable of it)

It's not great but should be enough to beat a team supposedly worse than Hibs...😬