Cup final 2/6 pre match

Pinebro

I just don't think Tielemanns or Donk have quickness in the first step or speed to close down space quickly.   That creates a great number of vulnerabilities.

I wonder if SJM will play left to link up with Digne on attacks with  Zoniolo on right?  that would be my preference.

A back 3 with Konsa/Diego/Lenglet

Dendoncker and Tielemans in the double pivot

Bailey wide right providing the width and Digne wide left providing the width

McGinn and Zaniolo as the #10's and Duran as striker

Out of possession shape should be straight forward. Maybe not a vintage showing but something like 2-0 or 3-1 Villa.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

It just shows how Key he is for us. Should be playing for England

Yes, but selfishly I’m glad he’s not. I’d be worried about Ollie getting injured on England duty if there was any danger of Southgate playing him. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah we can't just be stockpiling players on big wages without them contributing either.

We need to give him a chance to come good.

But we also need to user those that repeatedly don't contribute to an appropriate exit.   

26 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

There's justified reasons for concern.

There aren't though. We are at home against the team fourth in the Bosnian league and our team is stuffed with quality international players. On paper this could be one of the easiest games we play all season. 

5-0 Villa. 

I think on the bright side - everyone is playing in their preferred position minus Konsa and Zaniolo so at least it makes sense.

The Legia lineup didn't make a lot of sense on paper so it was no wonder it was a disaster on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think on the bright side - everyone is playing in their preferred position minus Konsa and Zaniolo so at least it makes sense.

The Legia lineup didn't make a lot of sense on paper so it was no wonder it was a disaster on the pitch.

I thought Zaniolo was starting in more of his natural position this time - or is he still on the left?

Sorry - just re-checked and yes it looks like he'll start left.

Edited by allani