Cup final 2/6 pre match

Pinebro

44 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think we'll go full strength in this one, one more game after then another international break. Its important we win this one

How many of our players actually get a break?

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any idea what standard we talking about with this team? Would it be disrespectful to say League 1?

Looking at their previous European results, they’ve mostly struggled to get through the qualifying rounds each year. Losing to teams such as; Slovan Bratislava, Apoel, Malmo, Ludogorets Razgrad, Maribor. 

This season they’ve already played nine European matches. They’ve failed to qualify for the Champions League and Europa League, and have dropped down to join us. 

We should be far too strong for them, but football isn’t won on paper. 

IMG_8527.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, limpid said:

How many of our players actually get a break?

Based on the previous international window you'd...

Luiz,  Konsa, Moreno, Ramsey,  Watkins, Torres, Kamara, Diaby, Carlos

Some of those might have been called up but didn't play. 

Martinez, Cash, Digne, McGinn, Zaniolo, Bailey, Donk, Tielemans, all got called up and played (or regularly do and play when they're not injured).

Issue is this time I guess Watkins will get game time this time, maybe Konsa, maybe Luiz, maybe Torres, maybe Kamara, maybe Diaby... so not much rest likely. 

Who needs a rest ? Konsa Cash McGinn and Digne. Can we put a team together without them starting ? 

Watkins Diaby 

JJ Tielemans Kamara Zaniolo

Lenglet Torres Carlos Chambers 

Martinez

No we cannot. I would be happy with the Forwards and midfield but full back is a massive issue.

So Digne will not play in the internationals so we can play him again but Cash will

So 

EMI 

KONSA CARLOS TORRES DIGNE

ZANIOLO TIELEMANS KAMARA JJ 

DIABY WATKINS 

with the option of resting 4 after 60 if we play to our potential.

• Like 1

For some mental reason I thought this game was tonight. 

Just been trying to find out the team news.

What an absolute flute I am. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Who needs a rest ? Konsa Cash McGinn and Digne. Can we put a team together without them starting ? 

Watkins Diaby 

JJ Tielemans Kamara Zaniolo

Lenglet Torres Carlos Chambers 

Martinez

No we cannot. I would be happy with the Forwards and midfield but full back is a massive issue.

So Digne will not play in the internationals so we can play him again but Cash will

So 

EMI 

KONSA CARLOS TORRES DIGNE

ZANIOLO TIELEMANS KAMARA JJ 

DIABY WATKINS 

with the option of resting 4 after 60 if we play to our potential.

You didn't mention Luiz but see you included him in the ones needing a rest as he's not in the team. 

If he doesn't get called up by Brazil again then you'd want him start... I'm not sure we know of he has been or not yet or if we'll find out before kick off. 

I like that final team you've come up with and think that's s good balance.