Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

So did I until I saw McGinn playing LB, what the actual F*** was that all about 

We have no other left back than Digne who has played nearly every game. Torres was woeful in pre season there and only other left footer is Lenglet and Bailey

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wish we’d start with our best team then rotate once we’ve got in front or at least a proper foothold in the game. Starting like this and then bringing the first teamers on to try and rectify it just isn’t working, the momentum has been lost, we’re not getting the results and the players aren’t getting their rest anyway. 

We'd be more pissed though if the first team gets us 2 up and we end up drawing or losing 3-2 after bringing the dross on, Denplonker and co.

Villa play a cup game they expect to win. They play the reserves, go a goal behind, panic and bring on the players they originally wanted to rest, concede another, have a pointless late rally and get knocked out. 

That hasn't happened before now has it?

Basically, we have to play the first XI in the next 5 European games or we might not even get out of the group stage. Putting all of the expectations that we could win a trophy seems laughable tonight. In hindsight, our transfer window doesn't look great, and we are an injury or two away from the season falling apart. 

An ideal night to launch the lower grounds experience.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Sometimes you’re just beaten by a better team on the night, everyone was under par and that’s how it goes sometimes. 

Pointless getting hysterical over it and blaming changes, every single team in the league makes changes for cup and European games, you have to.

Points to takeaway, Tielemans has absolutely no presence in the midfield whenever he plays, maybe that will come but he’s nowhere near starting for me. Duran still very raw and will clearly have games and spells where he’s simply not doing anything. Olsen was ok tonight, not at fault for either goal. Other than that 5/10 for everyone else.

Just now, Zatman said:

We have no other left back than Digne who has played nearly every game. Torres was woeful in pre season there and only other left footer is Lenglet and Bailey

I thought Moreno was back, he’s been on the bench for 3 games 

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

I mean, it was one of the issues. He was completely lost there. 

Was he a natural there?  No.  Should it have been a significant issue?  No.  Other players' awful performances and individual mistakes cost us, not McGinn at left-back.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Good job they're not then.

well we're out of 1 competition with a whimper, lost the first conf league game with a much rotated side, so i'm not holding out much hope that we're going to take the FA cup much more seriously either

Just now, Zatman said:

He hasnt been on the bench for the last 2 games

Yup - this guy doesn't even know that there's clearly an issue with Moreno yet sees fit to comment on the decision to play McGinn at left-back as a contributing factor to our loss today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

But we ain't winning the league.

Winning a cup is our only realistic way of achieving something 

Who said anything about winning the league? We might qualify for the Europa through the league.

We qualify for the europa, we have more money, we attract better players, we then have a better squad which then give us a better chance of winning a cup.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He started them. But what game has he spent the week preparing for? Everton or Brighton?

Yeah it's just one or the other, isn't it.  Unai is an idiot and can only prepare for one game at a time and picked the wrong one.  Duh, stupid Unai!