Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

What a bizarre half of officiating. There weren’t even late flags at times, just no flags. Bizarre inconsistency on fouls and then a situation where a foul is given to Chelsea, yellow to Digne and a VAR check for a red on the player Digne apparently fouled 🤣

This! ^^^^

What a fecking joke that ref is. His team are just as bad!

So many fouls against Villa and they go un-punished. 

Zaniolo looks great and unlucky not to have scored, so to Digne. However, they're leaving us open down that side and we're lucky to have escaped that half without conceding. 

Feel sorry for Diaby as he makes such brilliant runs and nobody sees them. Last week both Zaniolo and Bailey were guilty of ignoring him and today Watkins did the same. He's on a different wavelength. When it clicks he'll score loads. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

i think Zaniolo has tended to tire - i think we'll see a double change with Zaniolo and Watkins off after and hour or so and Duran and Ramsey on - those changes will bring a lot of energy.

Would be a shame to take Zaniolo off instead of McGinn.

• Like 2

At first glance it seemed to me like Digne took him down and got a smash in the nose while doing so, the replay showed he got hit first but you can't overturn those unless it's violent conduct, which it wasn't.  The blowing the half time whistle thing is bemusing though.