Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Just now, Awol said:

Okay, but when Dougie gets scythed down at the other end there’s no yellow. Rules/reffing are so shite.

We should be at least two up anyway, but Ollie having his customary stinker in the league. I really want him to do well, it’s just not happening at the moment. 

Oh i agree with you on that - inconsistent referring 

. But im personally glad that are stomping down on yellows like players waving imaginary yellow cards and time wasting 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not really entirely sure what he can do?  We've been miles the better side, completely dominated and created at least three very, very good chances.

It's been an almost perfect half bar some poor finishing.

Maybe taking Watkins off and pushing Diaby up top - he looks like he could play a Kane type forward role, dropping back - he can score from anywhere.

People saying Zaniolo should get a yellow don’t understand the rules. The offence is delaying the restart. Nothing was stopping the Palace player picking up one of the many other balls on the sideline and playing on. In reality he threw the ball off the pitch, allowing the game to restart quicker. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I seriously dont understand this handball rules ffa. That handball he blocked the **** shot. Thats a pen

He's not looking at it, it's a powerful shot from fairly close up, and his arm is right down by his side without trying to make himself bigger, no movement of the hand towards the ball.

Frustrating one it's blocked a shot, but I'd be absolutely livid if that was given against us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Never heard you say anything useful either

Yeah, great retort.

You replied to this convo chain...

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Unai needs to earn his money and shake this up and into life. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not really entirely sure what he can do?  We've been miles the better side, completely dominated and created at least three very, very good chances.

It's been an almost perfect half bar some poor finishing.

...with this.

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

signed a striker

Great stuff.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Guardian_Angel_M said:

I like Ollie, his overall play is usually good, but there's something clear in that he's not a confident finisher, and that for a striker is something that really stands out. Today he looks out of sorts. 

Is there anything clearer than not being able to take a penalty?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness to Ollie, just seen highlights of Haaland missing " sitters " today

Difference being Haaland will still score 40+ this season ans we will all be happy with Ollie's 10+.

I wouldn't mind, but the players behind him are grafting to get him the ball, for him to lose it, or shoot a feeble shot.

• Like 1

Passing has been sloppy all over the pitch. Clearly today we decided to go down the right. Even when digne is completely free we kept going down the right.

We need to be switched on here and use both sides as either doug or kamara will drop back .

We also seem to be trying to be too intricate at times, our best chances and goal have come from 1 direct pass.

Ollie with a huge miss which should have set us on our way and a very tight offside goal ruled out.

We also need to shoot more, can't score if we don't shoot. 3 or 4 chances to shoot I recall and all just played back or lost it.

Apparently the Man Utd disallowed goal might be quite controversial.

Haven't seen it at all, but that's VAR getting involved at Old Trafford to disallow a Man Utd goal which apparently never happens according to the conspiracy theorists.