Cup Final 4 of 37 Pre-Match

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

2-0 loss for us, Edouard and Mateta seem to be in red hot form and they also have Eze and Olise who are no slouches. Our focus will be on the Legia Warsaw game no doubt

Is Olise even fit?

Mateta has two premier league goals since August 2022 (of course one was v us). My OH is a Palace fan and she says he's worse than Rudy Gestede. 😉

This needs to be regulation 2-0 win for me but longer it goes 0-0 everyone will start to get a bit nervous so need a first half goal in this for sure.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Olise even fit?

Mateta has two premier league goals since August 2022 (of course one was v us). My OH is a Palace fan and she says he's worse than Rudy Gestede. 😉

This needs to be regulation 2-0 win for me but longer it goes 0-0 everyone will start to get a bit nervous so need a first half goal in this for sure.

im not sure hopefully he isnt! Mateta got 2 assists today, typcial for him to be bang in form before the villa game...yes  a 2-0 win would be amazing tbh but they will be well up for it and they have a talented squad....i no longer take these games for granted!

On 03/09/2023 at 16:45, Villatillidie95 said:

2-0 loss for us, Edouard and Mateta seem to be in red hot form and they also have Eze and Olise who are no slouches. Our focus will be on the Legia Warsaw game no doubt

Absolute bollox. Sorry, obviously looking for responses, you got one, job done.

On 03/09/2023 at 16:45, Villatillidie95 said:

Arsenal aside, they've had a pretty easy start to the season. I'd hope we'd have matched/surpassed their points total at this stage if we'd had the same fixtures. They created a fair amount against Wolves & Sheffield United, but that would be expected as both have high xGA stats. Edouard has 3 goals already, which is surprisingly good, but overall they've scored 5 in 4 games. Hodgson's record since he went back looks impressive (W8 D5 L4), but all of those wins have come against teams in the bottom third of the table. He's only faced 4 top-half sides so far (Tottenham, Fulham, Arsenal & Brentford) and taken 2 points from those games. His career PPG is around 1.3 and I'd expect it to revert to that once they've played a few more of the tougher games.
So, overall I'd expect us to bounce back and win fairly comfortably, but I could see a scoring draw also. I just hope that brute Doucoure doesn't try and remove Kamara's legs again and that we see Moreno and/or JJ from the bench.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 2

They're a decent side doing quite well, but they shouldn't be getting anything out of Villa Park. Home win. We'll gift them something in defence but it'll be 2 or 3-1. Tielemans with a thunderbastard to seal it.

• Like 2