Cup Final 4 of 37 Pre-Match

TheAuthority

Just about to head off via Cambridge to pick daughter up who I managed to get a ticket for for today's game.

Takes a couple of hrs to get to star city then 25 mins walk to VP from there.

Normally arrive home about 1930.....

• Like 2

I’m glad we’ve got Villa back today. I tuned out of it after that Liverpool loss, plus the rubbish international break I’ve not really thought much about football. All will be right again with a Villa win today. We are adapting to injury disrupted preseason plans but still a very capable team. I can see us (hopefully) winning today and extending our outstanding home record. 

Would like see Rob’s 4-1 bet finally come in, and I’d like to see Watkins score just to settle everyone down a bit. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Gotta be Zaniolo's game this one - he's had his settling in time, he's been good for Italy, it's time.

But some bloke on the internet who didn’t see the game said he was rubbish for Italy, so now I don’t know what to think!

• Haha 2

On the way back from the smoke and hanging after over doing it at the cricket. Meeting my sons in the pub at 1pm, already 4 cans deep, oh well. 

The one thing I have noticed is how many Vilers travel up from London

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

On the way back from the smoke and hanging after over doing it at the cricket. Meeting my sons in the pub at 1pm, already 4 cans deep, oh well. 

The one thing I have noticed is how many Vilers travel up from London

They’re not from London, they’re from Birmingham but they go to hide in London during the week because they’re not allowed to drink in Town.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hodgson has Palace playing well. It won't be an easy game and I'm glad we've got the home advantage today.

2-0

Hodgson has always been a good coach, from another age to Emery though. Tactically I think we'll be better prepared if the players execute the plan ok we should get 3 points. 

• Like 1

Would really like to see Zaniolo start and play most of the game… let’s get him involved asap. I really do think he and Diaby are going to elevate our attack and play… Bailey’s place should be on the bench.

Moreno and JJ will hugely boost us when they return too… wonder if Alex will be involved today…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would really like to see Zaniolo start and play most of the game… let’s get him involved asap. I really do think he and Diaby are going to elevate our attack and play… Bailey’s place should be on the bench.

Moreno and JJ will hugely boost us when they return too… wonder if Alex will be involved today…

Totally, Zaniolo should start this and if he does we're in for a treat :D

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would really like to see Zaniolo start and play most of the game… 

… wonder if Alex will be involved today…

Yes, I would like to see Zaniolo start and I actually think he will today.

Moreno I think will probably be on the bench?

• Like 1

What a myth that there were no Villa fans in the City Centre of Brum. It's not the same Town as it was back in the day but there were plenty of pubs that Villa fans frequented, Hole in the Wall, The Windsor, Mr Bill's and  The Ben Johnson. I was trying to remember the name of the one that was above the Old Square by the Coster monger, it was shaped like a square box. 

Such a shame how the Town has lost that once special atmosphere. Even though a lot of the Zulu firm were really good friends of mine, I was firmly in the Villa corner when it mattered. 

Bloody mobile phones, spoilt everything!

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bailey is quite a decent player at VP.