January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Rowe Rodgers Rowe "

Sounds like something you'd have found in the adult section of a Blockbuster Video rental store in the 80's 😂

The compelling story of a man caught at sea who desperately wants to get home and bang his wife

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rogers, Rowe and Summerville.

I think they represented me in my last court case. 

I recommend the Geordie solicitors, Norfolk ‘n Chance. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

Scored some cracking goals this season

Wow. Strong, fast, technical, good football IQ, driven, single-minded but also willing to lay off. An absolute handful. Right up my street this guy. I look forward to Brentford poaching him...

13 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

Wow. Strong, fast, technical, good football IQ, driven, single-minded but also willing to lay off. An absolute handful. Right up my street this guy. I look forward to Brentford poaching him...

lol Brentford wouldn’t poach anyone from us, every player would choose us over them. 

Rowe definitely has potential, more than Rogers, don’t see us signing both and of the two Rowe all day long. But again he’s one for the future, won’t improve us straight away. 

Wharton is also a huge talent, excellent on the ball. Similar to Hackney in that sense. Both will play for the England senior team at some point, especially as they play in a position where other than Rice we don’t have that many options.

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

lol Brentford wouldn’t poach anyone from us, every player would choose us over them. 

That’s not true, if they felt they could get more game time there and either young or closer to the end of their career they’d more likely choose Brentford.  We’ve proved on our way up to where we are today that players sometimes joins lesser teams in hope of growth, game time or whatever….Kamara is a classic example of somebody who could’ve gone to a better team than us but picked Gerrard and Villa.

On 24/01/2024 at 15:48, Jas10 said:

I think Unai and Monchi deserve a little more faith… I just can’t imagine or fathom the idea that our squad would be weaker by the end of the window, it would make no sense.

I’m sure there are plans in place and savvy moves to make or already in the works… nothing drastic but a “tune up” of sorts without much of a financial outlay or hit (offset by the outgoings and freeing up of wages)…

As ever, it’s best to take a wait and see approach…

but when the hell have we ever done that? 😂

My take on it too.

On 24/01/2024 at 16:55, nick76 said:

@TRO he’s 6ft 4

OMG sign him up.

...just kidding.

On a serious note Nick, I have heard through the grape vine, we are close to FFP demarcation lines....so I don't see big money signings this winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Rowe to the left of me, Rodgers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle waiting for deals. 

started so strong then just sort of fizzled out there at the end.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

That’s not true, if they felt they could get more game time there and either young or closer to the end of their career they’d more likely choose Brentford.  We’ve proved on our way up to where we are today that players sometimes joins lesser teams in hope of growth, game time or whatever….Kamara is a classic example of somebody who could’ve gone to a better team than us but picked Gerrard and Villa.

Ok but if they felt they would get similar playing time at either club they would come here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo71 said:

He looks raw, but imagine him with Unai coaching him. 

• Like 1

I see people complaining that we will regret not signing someone and hark back to the times where Lerner or Deadly Doug would not cough up a few more quid. We can’t compare the present day, with FFP,  to past times. I trust the owners and the coaching team to do the right thing and abide by the rules. Im sure they will try and improve the squad if they can.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

They spent over 80 million on them two players though. They were proven Premier League players

Yes but they would still turn him into a monster on those levels i reckon

they’re just that club with the magic touch everything just works out for them

Edited by RicRic

19 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's not for sale. Leeds have rich owners and trying to get promotion. He would cost a shit load more than Rogers as well. I don't know why people pay any attention to those stupid links to him. 

Not many players are up for sale but still find themselves lured away as offers are too good to turn down