January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Same outlet have also tweeted that NYCFC of the Citeh Group have bid €8+2mill for his team mate Jovan Mijatovic - said in the Kosta Nedeljkovic thread we should go for a cheeky double deal … Make it happen Monchi ! 
https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/12/19/jovan-milosevic/

Any relation to pedrag? 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Any relation to pedrag? 

Just checked and no he isn’t … 

It’s fair to say Mijatović hails from a sporting family. His grandfather was a talented footballer who had to cut his career short because of a knee-injury. His mother played handball for Crvena zvezda of all teams, and his father was a volleyball player.

https://serbianfootballscout.medium.com/future-stars-of-serbia-jovan-mijatović-crvena-zvezda-3c9abc92ff33

• Thanks 1

Ooooh. I still remember the last guy we signed from a club in Belgrade. A man so legendary my wife's cat was named after him. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Ooooh. I still remember the last guy we signed from a club in Belgrade. A man so legendary my wife's cat was named after him. 

your cat was called Miss-a-lot-evic?

At least we have a “proper link” to talk about now 😂

Waiting for proper confirmation but it’s a surprising and welcome signing if we complete it…

Can we add a player or two to help us for the rest of this season though please?

Maybe one or two sales are lined up…🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

your cat was called Miss-a-lot-evic?

Savoooooooooooo!

Anyway the media loved calling him that but he left us with a 1 in 3 goalscoring record (0.32) which is distinctly not shit. For comparison Ollie's record with us is 0.37.

Savo the cat did have an ironic dribbling problem, however. He would sit on you in bed and dribble on your face. It was gross.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s still “got it”

spacer.png

Good Times, man. Apparently Savo had a 60% win ratio as manager of Partisan. 

I have no idea if that's any good in the context of that league, but it sounds OK.

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Different Strokes. What a program that was. Got to be one of the greatest theme tunes too. They don’t make em like that anymore. Genius. I’m smiling just even thinking about it.

The older I get, Mrs. Garrett looks better and better :D

image.png.968db9b4dd1f6e04052f6529bf934f9e.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is he good enough to play for a top 4 club? Because that's where we are right now.

Is the 18 year old right back we're about to sign?

We're unlikely to sign top 4 players off the bat. They'll develop and become them under Emery.

Whittaker would be a decent signing if it happened. He's really kicking on.

5 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is he good enough to play for a top 4 club? Because that's where we are right now. 

Not good enough to start, but good enough to shake things up as a sub a bit and begin his Emeryball indoctrination.

• Like 1

I think we need to have 23 first team players Emery can rely on and a couple of talented youngsters under 21 who will develop with the team giving us our 25 man squad.

I think Emery is seeing how important full backs are as an attacking threat in the Premier League, especially against low blocks if they can provide the width or do underlapping to make a front 6 overload on the back 5. Having this attacking threat on the right is key as Pau is god like in those switch passes from LCB to Right wing. 

This is getting an insight into Emery evolving his tactics. I like the CDM becoming part of the back 3 allowing the FBs to join the attack. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The bitterness about this alleged deal makes it even better

One for the future like Rory Wilson and Aiden Borland. In this case, the lad has had first team opportunities. Looks like clever business.