January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been " monitoring the situation " of Salma Hayek for about 25 years in fairness.

She's already at Rennes, doubt they'd sell.

I have heard rumour and speculation of Dybala, Bamford and Zaha, this week. These links get us talking and clicking, but only Monchi and UE know who we might really want, if anyone. We will likely find out shortly before something happens, but I do hope something does happen and between now and then, I'm loving the speculation, it's what transfer windows are made for. Bring those links on!:)

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm sure, once Ezri decides to step down into a mid table team, both will stand a chance. They might have to wait a few years yet though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Surely beyond surely this guy should be on the transfer speculation blacklist?

He's the absolute worst. 

It’s not even a real person. It’s so laughable. And yet, every window people believe just utter nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, John said:

I have heard rumour and speculation of Dybala, Bamford and Zaha, this week. These links get us talking and clicking, but only Monchi and UE know who we might really want, if anyone. We will likely find out shortly before something happens, but I do hope something does happen and between now and then, I'm loving the speculation, it's what transfer windows are made for. Bring those links on!:)

Do you remember the Hans Krankl link John ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Complete bullshit, Chelsea have only signed two players over 25 under Boehly in sterling and Sanchez under.

Man United can’t afford him unless he has a release clause far below his value.

Hes top class and it’s a farce he hasn’t got caps for England. 

I don’t think id sell him for £80 mil on the premise we could invest it all back into the squad. However based on Sevilla Monchi might think different. We might have to accept big sales of the likes of Konsa and Luiz in order to keep on growing. I don’t think that is the tactic we are going for though. 

57 minutes ago, John said:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John said:

Links are fun but… we should also look at where they’re coming from and if the source is at least recognisable if not credible…

There are too many “fake itks” and randos who know nothing and just make stuff up… for clicks and attention. It’s worth checking the source account and how many followers they have etc. how legit they seem… and even the suitability of the player, both merits and deficiencies, upsides and downsides…

I actually find it more fun to come up with and discuss our own suggestions, kind of theorising on players who might fit in and have some real appeal or impact… because, as you say, none of us really know who we are after so it’s fun to have some imagination in that respect 😆 and even more satisfying if we end up actually pursuing “said player” 😮 

We should be able to talk about links in different ways too… not just get excited or give instant approval but also critique them too if we want and have a point… people seem to get upset when this happens… what’s wrong with an alternative point of view or counter argument?

Anyway, it will be nice if we manage to add and strengthen… if we can get Unai some help and players he wants… it will only help us for the rest of the season at the very least… if not, no big deal because we have plenty of players to recover from injury and lack of form, fitness, sharpness etc… they will strengthen and improve us… there is plenty to look forward to for the rest of the season and I expect better performances from a few…

When everyone is fit, it’s a strong squad… and especially first 11. The main areas we can visibly improve on are alternative DM and a better RB, imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Complete bullshit, Chelsea have only signed two players over 25 under Boehly in sterling and Sanchez under.

Man United can’t afford him unless he has a release clause far below his value.

Hes top class and it’s a farce he hasn’t got caps for England. 

I don’t think id sell him for £80 mil on the premise we could invest it all back into the squad. However based on Sevilla Monchi might think different. We might have to accept big sales of the likes of Konsa and Luiz in order to keep on growing. I don’t think that is the tactic we are going for though. 

Wouldn’t that be a world record for a centre back? I think I’d sell, not that the story is remotely real

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s not even a real person. It’s so laughable. And yet, every window people believe just utter nonsense. 

Most of this 198 page thread is utter nonsense.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Maguire went for that 5 years ago!

Yes because Man Utd had just got off the special bus. Point still stands.

every player has a price they can buy our entire squad for a certain price for each.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Konsa's contract has what about 3/4 more years on it no? What situation is there to monitor?

He's on a pretty crap salary, so there is something tom monitor!

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Do you remember the Hans Krankl link John ? 

Like it was yesterday! :D

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

He's got too big a head to fit into UE's project! :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone actually believes it… it’s just speculation; a bit of fun to talk about while there’s nothing happening.

• Like 1