January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

13 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Zaha I would like but not sure if it's something we would want on the books for more than 2 years.

Doesn't make a lot of sense longevity wise.

We simply don’t need players who don’t offer longevity either… we have a great squad and a sufficient number of players. Plenty of experience in this squad too…

We only need the right, key additions that actually enhance us when and where possible and can be a part of our future - there is no need or desperation or “short term fixes”… we’re doing well and in a healthy position, no need to panic etc.

I think Zaha would for sure better our attack, in transition and against low blocks in particular.

But it feels like something to be done just to do something in the transfer window.

Just now, Jas10 said:

We simply don’t need players who don’t offer longevity either… we have a great squad and a sufficient number of players. Plenty of experience in this squad too…

We only need the right, key additions that actually enhance us when and where possible and can be a part of our future - there is no need or desperation or “short term fixes”… we’re doing well and in a healthy position, no need to panic etc.

In your opinion not a fact ! I’ll trust Emery & Co to decide what they need best … if he wants Zaha or Anderson then I’m all for it … 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

In your opinion not a fact ! I’ll trust Emery & Co to decide what they need best … if he wants Zaha or Anderson then I’m all for it … 

When did I say this was a fact? It’s my view and opinion?

Can’t anyone have a differing view on here without being lambasted for it??

I am happy with whoever Unai wants… but none of us have a clue who that is.

And there is nothing to suggest the names you’ve stated are players that he is even interested in…

In the meantime, we can express our own opinions and thoughts… hopefully with some amount of freedom…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m not focussing on older players in particular… all I ever really say is that we want quality and not quantity.

I don’t believe Zaha is better than what we have and I wouldn’t want us to waste funds/wages on such a player… unless I knew Unai wanted him, which we don’t (this isn’t even a proper or legit link!)

I have no idea if the Acuna link was legit/real and whether Digne was going to Nice…  what I do know/believe is that Digne’s contract is a burden or drain and we want to relieve ourselves of it (another reason why we shouldn’t be signing players like Zaha and taking on burdens like that again) and find a better alternative in terms of value and possibly quality/suitability… the older a player is and the more he is being paid… the more of a problem it is…

I’m not against an older player IF Unai wants one…  but we don’t know that he does… we’re all just making different assumptions and commenting on questionable or non existent links or rumours…

I think Zaha is definitely an improvement on Zaniolo or Duran in terms of what he can offer immediately for the rest of this season. I think Zaha is an excellent player 

• Like 1

Zaha would be an excellent signing for us. Kinda thought we may have signed him when he left Palace as Emery liked him from his time at Arsenal.

Not sure I can see it happening tho cos he's on massive wages i think? 

• Like 2

I don't believe whatever these reports are about Zaha signing anyway.

Emery has tried to sign him before and could have got him for free in the summer, so I can't see us paying any money for him now.

1 hour ago, allani said:

I think the two are intrinsically linked.  Our defenders are now are first line of attack.  If we aren't careful we "strengthen" our defence at the expense of our attack (I think you could easily say that last season we had a lot of clean sheets but really struggled to score enough goals).  At the end of the day there's not much difference between winning 1-0 and winning 2-1.

***Edit*** Just looking at Emery's managerial career stats and his "average" match scoreline is around 2-1.  So I think we're playing pretty much the way he wants us to.

I agree.

I was being a tad cheeky, I was waiting for someone to say it......Yes, I accept the point, its a trade off, Unai is willing to accept.

as long as it works, and so far so good....its que sera sera.

• Haha 1

Absolutely amazed at some of the posts on here stating no to the possibility of signing Zaha.😂

Can create something from nothing on his own which Villa’s current wide men lack on a consistent basis.

Probably nothing in the link if you can call it that but a fit Zaha would definitely improve the team, put the shits up any opposition and could push Villa into a CL placement which would pay for his transfer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Is it from this guy? Just says Aston Villa - Zaha news. And then that gif of a bloke kicking a bus stop. 

following the links from that post it seems it was lifted from Gala news who seem to have transfer listed most of the Galatasaray squad  ?

Boey PSG

Zaha Aston Villa

Abdülkerim Atalanta

Sanchez Napoli

Nelsson Tottenham

Tete Zenit

Ziyech Ajax

Edit - actually thinking about it , didn't i read something about the Galatasaray owner wanting to move away from foreign players for homegrown talent  .. so maybe this is just someone speculating on where the foreign players could end up ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1