January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Think Werner would have been a good signing on a 6 month loan with option to buy. Don't expect he would have scored double figures in goals but I think he would have been really useful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think Werner would have been a good signing on a 6 month loan with option to buy. Don't expect he would have scored double figures in goals but I think he would have been really useful.

Agreed, oh well probably wants to go to another London club.  Plus Tottenham are firmly in a title race don't you know

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

Agreed, oh well probably wants to go to another London club.  Plus Tottenham are firmly in a title race don't you know

And he'll get to play in Europe with them, oh wait...

• Haha 1

Werner at Chelsea was one of the worst transfers in recent history. He might do well with another crack at the PL but I wouldn't be too gutted to hear he was going elsewhere to try again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

NGL, I think the original Sancho mention was a joke

Indeed and he has had issues at both clubs, he has had mental health issues too.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Werner at Chelsea was one of the worst transfers in recent history. He might do well with another crack at the PL but I wouldn't be too gutted to hear he was going elsewhere to try again.

Manure fans were sure they were getting him last few days so funny in that regard

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why are we talking about Sancho, BVB and Man Utd in a Villa transfer thread? I know somebody mentioned a few days back that he maybe a good option for us and we all laughed.  

Is it still based from that convo or has there been an actual link with Villa and if so hasn’t that gone because he’s definitely going to BVB?

Who is BVB?

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

it does seem like an opportunity missed to me, I wouldnt say im gutted though

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

it does seem like an opportunity missed to me, I wouldnt say im gutted though

He always looked like a little boy lost when I saw him for Chelsea. He might fly when he comes back but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do little of note

Realistically we are battling Spurs for 4th … they seem to be making 3 or 4 signings … noises from us seems to be that we won’t make any unless we can get someone to upgrade an existing slot … 

This might be our best shot at CL football as surely Chelsea and Man U can’t be shit forever and Newcastle will upgrade on Howe  anytime soon

time will tell I suppose but I hope we don’t blow this window and let Spurs sneak in front of us 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs clearly re-inforcing their squad this window. They'll be our biggest competition for that 4th spot in my opinion. 

Like I said in the other transfer thread I don't see werner as being what they need, he's another body but from what I've seen of him at Chelsea and his return to Leipzig he's not the number 9 that they don't have, he'll be back up to son, kulusevski and richarlison, he'll do well to get 5 goals in his 6 months 

The CB they're after might be different 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Are the rumors we may be in for Jermie Frimpong ringing true, 34m release clause from Bayern Leverkusan. Stated to be one of the best wing backs in Europe. Good replacement for cash?

No it’s 37m not active until the summer

• Like 1