January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

I hear we struggling to break teams down so we need another play maker couldn't we live in dream land and maybe loan a top playmaker but who is going to loan one of those out i think another RB is due to fall back on and another striker so we can rest Watkins because Duran aint getting the play time 

7 minutes ago, villaliver said:

I hear we struggling to break teams down so we need another play maker couldn't we live in dream land and maybe loan a top playmaker but who is going to loan one of those out i think another RB is due to fall back on and another striker so we can rest Watkins because Duran aint getting the play time 

How are we struggling to break teams down? We've scored the second most goals in the league 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

We’d need to spend big money to get someone who can play right back better than Konsa right now. I think Ezri is exactly what Emery wants in that position.

Maybe! I think Konsa has looked great in some games there and less so in others, he's definitely at his best at centre back anyway. I just think if I'm looking at area of the starting XI that can be elevated as opposed to just the depth of the squad then that side of the pitch is where I'd be looking at, as when we've struggled in certain away games that side of the pitch with Cash playing higher up has caused some issues. It's tough to be so nit-picky though considering the position we're in.

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How are we struggling to break teams down? We've scored the second most goals in the league 🤣

He is talking in relation to low blocks.

However it can be argued that that is the point of low blocks. They're hard to break down. I'd like to see someone like Frimpong who can also defend. For me we need speed merchants in the fullback positions. We have Moreno left, but for me Cash isn't quite at the level going forward. If Cash was bringing what Moreno brings Brentford would've been battered.

I like Digne as his touch and delivery is first class and offers something different, but bringing in a young left back in Moreno's mold makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Dani Parejo. Loan for the end of the season or an 18 month contract . Experienced and high quality. Cheap too. 

Was quality for Emery at Villareal but he's mid 30s now and think with his style the pace of prem would be a little too much when we're out of possession.

He was actually on loan at QPR about 15 years ago for a random fact.

I think Villa managed to do a decent job of breaking down a mean low block from a very good team at their own ground (albeit with a bit of help from Ben Mee, but we were pretty unfortunate to have not scored at some point before then regardless). And that was without Buendia, Tielemans and Luiz. Don't agree that playmakers are something we're lacking in this team!

10 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I think Villa managed to do a decent job of breaking down a mean low block from a very good team at their own ground (albeit with a bit of help from Ben Mee, but we were pretty unfortunate to have not scored at some point before then regardless). And that was without Buendia, Tielemans and Luiz. Don't agree that playmakers are something we're lacking in this team!

We sometimes don’t score goals despite creating chances so a playmaker who scored plenty as well would be the icing on the plate. Especially since Diable has hit a quiet patch squad strength and options to rotate players are always good theses days, especially as we’re competing on multiple fronts and at the sharp end of those competitions too. Small changes csn sometimes make big differences particularly when you have an elite manager making the changes. I know keeping a large squad has problems of its own but that’s what elite managers do in this football world these days. Ask yourself this, will our competitors not add to their already strong squads in January?

I think Buendia is that playmaker as Emery played him loads before his injury. I think Emery likes him and could possibly explain us going for a younger No10 in Gloukh as opposed to a big money signing.

Would love to see us splash the cash on a Simons or Wirtz but not sure Emery and his team agree.

Think we missed a trick with Kudus though. 

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would love to see us splash the cash on a Simons or Wirtz but not sure Emery and his team agree.

honest im not sure simons or wirtz would agree either 😜

wirtz will go for more than havertz and im sure havertz was £60-70m, him and musiala should be germany's biggest hopes next summer and if he does well the biggest boys will be circling 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

honest im not sure simons or wirtz would agree either 😜

wirtz will go for more than havertz and im sure havertz was £60-70m, him and musiala should be germany's biggest hopes next summer and if he does well the biggest boys will be circling 

I know, wishful thinking on my part I guess, could see Wirtz at City as KDBs replacement. 

• Like 1

If we were in for another LM/AM Thiago Almada would be a good one. I know he’s been mentioned a fair few times before now but he’d have crazier numbers than he currently has if his team mates could finish the chances he provides and he’s already on 11 goals and 16 assists!

I know it’s the MLS but think he’d do well here. His set piece delivery and free kicks are brilliant too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

He is talking in relation to low blocks.

However it can be argued that that is the point of low blocks. They're hard to break down. I'd like to see someone like Frimpong who can also defend. For me we need speed merchants in the fullback positions. We have Moreno left, but for me Cash isn't quite at the level going forward. If Cash was bringing what Moreno brings Brentford would've been battered.

I like Digne as his touch and delivery is first class and offers something different, but bringing in a young left back in Moreno's mold makes sense.

It doesn't matter what it is in relation to TBF - other teams have to break them down too and the fact is we're 2nd highest scorers. 

11 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

just found out conference league draw at 1 oclock sorry

Plus it’s for the playoffs, which we don’t play because we won the group. We wait for the following round.

Just looking at our squad

Emi, Olsen

Cash, Moreno, Digne, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Lenglet

Luiz, Mcginn, Tielemans, Kamara, Ramsey

Buendia, Diaby, Bailey, Zaniolo

Watkins, Duran

That's probably our core squad, Duran doesn't count as he's under 21. So that's 19 players out of a max of 25. 

Of those players 14 are non homegrown out of a max of 17- Dendoncker and Traore are also part of our non homegrown players but I assume we will look to move them on (along with Olsen and Chambers). 

Basically we can sign 3 foreign players (minus a goalkeeper replacing Olsen) and 2 homegrown players.