January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 22/10/2023 at 07:51, Vive_La_Villa said:

Careful now 😉 

But on a serious note I think he is very underrated. A lot of their good attacking stuff comes from him but he doesn’t seem to get as much credit as he perhaps deserves. 

Tonev is the star there and gets all the praise and attention, which may mean thst he is already out of our reach. His underrated understudy could fit the bill nicely for us and our brilliant head cosch. I’m sure with Ollie around he could settle in well coming from Brentford. He could paint pictures of what Unai dreams. A great combination. I’m in!

• Like 1

Be very interesting what we do in January if we are pushing top 4 and looking to go deep in Europe.

The squad ain't there but a few signings in January could push us all the way on both fronts.

We'd pay a premium though and I hate us doing business in January..

• Like 1

Assuming no new long term injuries, do we need much in January?    

A back-up LB and a back-up goalie can both wait until the summer. 

Moreno back will give more options in defence.  
Ramsey back will give more attacking options. 

What else do we need in Jan?

We need a back up GK as one injury to Martinez and our entire season will go to shit. 

Then probably we have a gap at right back to really challenge/upgrade Cash albeit we can wait until the summer for the right player.

Cover for Watkins. 

Diaby level signing for Ramsey’s position if his injuries continue. 

We’re now at a point that we need some serious Brighton level scouting or big money buys to improve the first team squad. 

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Assuming no new long term injuries, do we need much in January?    

A back-up LB and a back-up goalie can both wait until the summer. 

Moreno back will give more options in defence.  
Ramsey back will give more attacking options. 

What else do we need in Jan?

I still have concerns about striker depth, Duran has done ok deputising for Ollie, but if Ollie gets injured, or worse leaves in Jan, then it leaves us really lacking up front. Strikers aren’t cheap, and they aren’t plentiful, so it’s a problem area for a lot of teams. 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I still have concerns about striker depth, Duran has done ok deputising for Ollie, but if Ollie gets injured, or worse leaves in Jan, then it leaves us really lacking up front. Strikers aren’t cheap, and they aren’t plentiful, so it’s a problem area for a lot of teams. 

It's going to have to take Bellingham / Caciedo PLUS level fee to even begin a conversation in January.

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Why would he leave in January. He just signed a very long term deal about 2 weeks ago so.would probably cost over 100 million

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Tonev is the star there and gets all the praise and attention, which may mean thst he is already out of our reach. His underrated understudy could fit the bill nicely for us and our brilliant head cosch. I’m sure with Ollie around he could settle in well coming from Brentford. He could paint pictures of what Unai dreams. A great combination. I’m in!

Good to hear his atomic strikes have made him a star somewhere 😝

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why would he leave in January. He just signed a very long term deal about 2 weeks ago so.would probably cost over 100 million

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It's going to have to take Bellingham / Caciedo PLUS level fee to even begin a conversation in January.

I’m not saying he is leaving in Jan, god forbid, I just mean we need to be prepared for Ollie being unavailable for whatever reason.

He won’t go in Jan, but if he did, then we’d need a replacement very quickly. 

£120m for Ollie would be the starting price for me, but IF we did get approached, we can’t play the money up front

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Arsenal offer 100m +, he's gone.

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

What club in their right mind would let their number one or only striker leave in January sitting in our position? Watkins has just committed his future on a 5 year deal, literally a week ago.

42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If Arsenal offer 100m +, he's gone.

I seriously doubt Arsenal a) would offer that and b) have that money anyway.

I can see them going for Ivan Toney once his ban is up.

Wouldn’t surprise me if talks are already ongoing and it’ll be done as soon as the winter window opens.

he’d be a much cheaper option than Watkins too due to contract lengths etc

8 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

How about Liam Delap from Man City for the other forward option. Big potential, doing well on loan at Hull. Seen the success of Cole Palmer at Chelsea, I think Delap is next to break out. 

Probably would cost £20 Million.

I doubt they would want to sell to a club that they are in direct competition for the league title with. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

What club in their right mind would let their number one or only striker leave in January sitting in our position? Watkins has just committed his future on a 5 year deal, literally a week ago.

I fully agree that we shouldn’t sell… but what club in their right mind sells their best player, their star player, captain, youth academy prodigy and all round fan favourite? If a Grealish style bid comes in, then everyone is for sale sadly 😢 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I fully agree that we shouldn’t sell… but what club in their right mind sells their best player, their star player, captain, youth academy prodigy and all round fan favourite? If a Grealish style bid comes in, then everyone is for sale sadly 😢 

Not in January. Don't forget Grealish was whoring himself out and pushing to leave for 2 years before he actually did get the move.  We ain't losing players in January. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Not in January. Don't forget Grealish was whoring himself out and pushing to leave for 2 years before he actually did get the move.  We ain't losing players in January. 

I genuinely don’t remember that Grealish was doing that?

I hope you’re right, and I really do think you are, just saying we should be prepared if Ollie gets injured or is otherwise unavailable.