January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 18/09/2023 at 17:58, macandally said:

Eze Eberechi for me, he will cost a whack, but best player on the park Saturday

will need deep pockets....needed to catch him, when he was at QPR.

Edited by TRO

Top RB, young LB with massive potential (can wait until summer or next Jan), left sided AM / FW , backup GK. Maybe another striker.

To be honest, only the RB is pressing. That's no dig at Cash but we're light there and he's not consistent enough.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Top RB, young LB with massive potential (can wait until summer or next Jan), left sided AM / FW , backup GK. Maybe another striker.

To be honest, only the RB is pressing. That's no dig at Cash but we're light there and he's not consistent enough.

Is it a wing back we need on the right, or cover?

Matt cash is a wing back, I would have thought we need a traditional right back to make the option of 3 at the back.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is it a wing back we need on the right, or cover?

Matt cash is a wing back, I would have thought we need a traditional right back to make the option of 3 at the back.

Somebody who is a better defender than Cash first and foremost, but also a more attacking threat with crosses when they do get forward. Cash often hits the first man with crosses. It will cost a fair bit but OK.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If competetion for Cash could see him raise his levels like Digne it's a win win all round.

Cash at his best is already quite good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If competetion for Cash could see him raise his levels like Digne it's a win win all round.

Cash at his best is already quite good.

I agree. I want a top darts player there though. Quite good can back him up.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Somebody who is a better defender than Cash first and foremost, but also a more attacking threat with crosses when they do get forward. Cash often hits the first man with crosses. It will cost a fair bit but OK.

The Irony is... I thought his handling of Mitoma, was top drawer....shows he can do it.

but I get your point.

However, I know little of Frimpong, so can't comment on him.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

The Irony is... I thought his handling of Mitoma, was top drawer....shows he can do it.

but I get your point.

He played very well on Saturday, taking one of the best players in the league out of the game. He can do it. Consistently enough? No, not really. Not for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Clickbait throwing our name in the hat for Frimpong - yes please ! 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He signed a new 5 year deal this morning😂

6w2il5.jpg

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

but I get your point.

I'd say Frimpong is more of a " Moreno " type from what I know. Rapid and tenacious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He played very well on Saturday, taking one of the best players in the league out of the game. He can do it. Consistently enough? No, not really. Not for me.

We’ll have you asked him nicely?

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Perhaps that Champions League goalkeeper at Sevilla could be something!

I doubt he'd swap starting in the champions league for warming up our bench and occasional run outs in the conference league 😜.

I would put a backup keeper close to the top of my list... but I'm not sure Nyland is quite the object of my desires.

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I doubt he'd swap starting in the champions league for warming up our bench and occasional run outs in the conference league 😜.

I would put a backup keeper close to the top of my list... but I'm not sure Nyland is quite the object of my desires.

Looks like he's actually Sevilla's number 1 at the moment! Been playing the last few matches including vs Barca. Fair play to him.

Edited by villan95

15 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Looks like he's actually Sevilla's number 1 at the moment! Been playing the last few matches including vs Barca. Fair play to him.

Absolutely insane.

Ah right, they're 15th. Makes a bit more sense.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely insane.

Ah right, they're 15th. Makes a bit more sense.

Only come in for the last 4 but doesn't seem like he's doing too badly. But yeah pretty surprising he's playing at that level.

Pretty tough to write out a realistic profile of a backup keeper we'd be happy with.

Emi is elite. Any young keeper who will be good enough to replace him in 3 years would be at Old Trafford already. Someone who could replace him in 7 years means betting on potential, and likely not ready for cup / European games against better opposition.

Older keepers who can play our style and are good enough would probably require wages we don't want to pay for a depreciating asset.

I'm not advocating for Olsen, but we're in a tricky spot because if how good Emi is.