Europa Conference League Group Stage Draw

alreadyexists

What are the Europa Conference League group stage dates?

Matchday 1: 21 September 2023
Matchday 2: 5 October 2023
Matchday 3: 26 October 2023
Matchday 4: 9 November 2023
Matchday 5: 30 November 2023
Matchday 6: 14 December 2023

When are Europa Conference League fixtures announced?

Fixtures will be confirmed after the draw. The group stage is played on Thursdays from 21 September to 14 December on the same night as the Europa League games, kicking off at 16:30, 18:45 CET and 21:00 CET.
The group winners advance to the round of 16. The runners-up contest the knockout round play-offs against the third-placed sides from the Europa League, with the victors joining the group winners in the last 16.

When is the next Europa Conference League draw?

The draw for the knockout round play-off, featuring the group runners-up and eight teams transferring from the Europa League, takes place on 18 December.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Only top 1 in each group qualifies for the next round.   

Second place in each group have to go into a play-off round against losing Europa League teams. 

57 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well it wouldn't be a UEFA competition by adding another layer of complexity to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if eventually the fourth-place team in the CL group stages ends up rocking up to the Conference League one day.

I think they've gone the other way tbh that from next season there's no dropping down from EL after the groups.

This years 3rd place teams though. They are the wildcards.

Edited by VILLAMARV

44 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Europa League Draw is taking place. TV scheduling and kick off time wise we'll be 'paired' with one of Liverpool, Brighton and West Ham. I think it will mean when we are at home they'll be away and that sort of thing for a Thursday night.

Yep, looks like we were essentially paired with Liverpool, i.e, same kick-off times as them, so will be placed in one of Groups E-H.

Going by that TV criteria, we definitely now can't draw Club Brugge, Lille or Lugano.

Edited by Ceemo
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

are there any places that as a fan you really need to question going to? dinamo zagreb has been mentioned, i'm thinking fenerbace too? any others?

Turkey, Zagreb maybe Legia. AZ thugs attacked West Ham families last season in the stands

Frankfurt have been causing trouble too

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

John O'Shea doing the Europa League draw. Didn't even attempt to say "Częstochowa" :D

Same with Joe Cole yesterday and "FK Crvena Zvezda", just said "Red Star Belgrade" 😁

• Haha 1