Europa Conference League Group Stage Draw

alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Off topic slightly - Only just realised there is a Gent and a Genk both coming from Belgium

I remember finding this out years ago when I couldn’t work out who Benteke transferred from… it’s 50/50 but I was wrong! 😆 

22 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Off topic slightly - Only just realised there is a Gent and a Genk both coming from Belgium

I wonder if there are rules forbidding teams from the same country being in the same group? If not, it is technically possible we might have both Genk and Gent in our group. How cool would that be!

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I wonder if there are rules forbidding teams from the same country being in the same group? If not, it is technically possible we might have both Genk and Gent in our group. How cool would that be!

Yes rule 14, subsection 3, point 35, part B says “No teams from the same association may play each other”.

• Thanks 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Exciting times! 

I’m going for a group of…

Fenerbache

Aston Villa

Sparta Prague

Aris Limassol

A nice mix of shit teams, classic names and nice places to visit. 

I’d rather not meet Fenerbache yet.  Only the top team in the group qualifies automatically so we need to be better than that pot 1 team. 

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is there a political reason that Kazakhstan play in Europe?  I mean it's pretty much objectively part of Asia!

They are a transcontinental country, most of it is in Asia but a small part is in Europe.

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d rather not meet Fenerbache yet.  Only the top team in the group qualifies automatically so we need to be better than that pot 1 team. 

I did put Lille in to begin with because it’s closer, less dangerous and they’re probably not as good. But going away to Turkey is quite exciting, and that’s what we’re in Europe for. Obviously we need to win the group though so really I just want the weakest teams in ours.