Clément Lenglet

Tom13

6 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why is he further up the pecking order than Chambers?!

How did this bloke end up on the books at Barcelona?

I trust Unai to the ends of the earth with his decisions regarding our club…

but some of them I don’t understand…

and the continued inclusion of Lenglet is one of them…

Because Chambers is a last resort utility player and certainly worse at CB than Lenglet

You are aware that, due to injuries, we are having to play our 4th and 5th choice CBs? Unai is having to play them, the alternative is playing someone out of position

Lenglet isn't a great player but I can't imagine most clubs 5th choice centre back is

this could go in a 'Back four' Topic

He is actually quite good.  The problem is not him or Carlos...yes we would have Konsa or Pau in as as our no1 pair at the back.

But when you have a back line that collapse and allow acres of space for the wingers to run at them.....the the personnel isn't the problem.

WE are too passive in defending and yes we had chances but how many times did rashford....Hojland...Garnacho (spell) wonder to the edge of the box and take a shot....too many if you ask me.  Cash is the worse and Moreno did this for their third goal

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why is he further up the pecking order than Chambers?!

How did this bloke end up on the books at Barcelona?

I trust Unai to the ends of the earth with his decisions regarding our club…

but some of them I don’t understand…

and the continued inclusion of Lenglet is one of them…

He has his faults but he is absolutely miles better than Chambers. The comparison makes no sense

I think he played very well today. Looks more and more solid. Was of course a miscommunication with Martinez, but very solid. I have asked the quiestion why we got this guy on loan, but I am very glad we did this loan now. I think he is a lot better than Carlos.

Edited by DeepDish

Good player shrewd signing imagine if we had not signed him and went with Chambers & Hause. It’s a difficult task for him playing in new centre back partnership on top of playing on his unfavored side.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

aside from the communication error, he was really solid, dare i say better than Carlos would have done (maybe)

Agree with that. Thought him and Pau worked well.

Â